RING

"Mommy," I hear Penelope say as I put Sophia's lunch in her backpack. "We're having another field trip today and daddy forgot to give me my permission slip."

"I'll look for it." I say, leaving the girls to finish their breakfast as I make my way inside Harry's office. His desk was filled with a clutter of papers but when I look for the pink permission slip, it's nowhere.

I sent Harry a quick text about it and he gets back to me, saying he has it.

When I leave his office, I turn the lights off and get back to the girls. "Your dad has it, but I will go get it and I will drop it off for you, what time is your class leaving?"

"Around lunch time." She says and I nod. After I drop the kids off at school, I make my way to Harry's work with Eric and Amara at my side.

Any other day, I'd be glad I was seeing Harry, but considering we're still mad at one another, I wanted nothing but to go in and come back out in a second.

When the elevator dinged on the twentieth floor, I make my way towards Harry's office, noticing the secretary desk just outside was empty with an open laptop.

As soon as I open the door, I notice Harry sitting behind his desk on his computer and the same blond short haired woman who I assumed was Lilian was sitting on his desk.

They don't seem to notice me until I close the door, watching as they both turn their heads to me. Immediately the woman gets up and straightens out her black dress.

My eyes go from Harry to her. "Am I interrupting something?" I say, standing by the door with the kids.

Harry clears his throat and stands up from his chair, straightening out his white dress shirt. "No," he says and motions to the woman. "Rosie, this is Lilian, my—"

"Your secretary." I finish his sentence, walking closer with the kids by my side. Lilian flashes me a bright red lipped smile with pearly white teeth, out stretching her hand for me to shake to which I do.

"It's nice to meet you, Rosie." She says with what appears to be a smug smile on her face. I wasn't one to hate people, but somehow the women who are always affiliated with Harry sparked something in me that made my insides churn with anger.

I nod and turn to Harry who had an annoyed look on his face. "I'm here for Penelope's permission slip." I say, I knew he was probably wondering why I was here, but he should've known by my text that I'd be coming here.

Harry nods and goes into another room, leaving me behind with the kids and Lilian. "I just want you to know, it's a pleasure to be working with your husband, Rosie." She says making me turn to her.

"Hey, is it common for secretaries to be sitting on their boss's desk?" I ask making her turn her head slightly to the side before she lets out a small laugh. "I mean, I was trying to be a secretary once."

Lilian shrugs. "Well, I'd like to say that Harry and I had gotten close since I started working here. He's a great boss." I know, he was my boss once.

I nod. "You know, I would really like it if you would treat my husband as nothing more than your boss. You are not friends, you are his secretary." I say, placing my hand on the desk between us, showcasing my ring. "Are we clear?" I give her a small smile.

She looks down to my hand before smirking, taunting me. "Clear as day." She says as Harry walks back inside the room making me take a step back.

He hands me the pink slip. "Here you go."

"I'll see you at home." I say and leave, taking the kids with me. Was I a bitch to her? Maybe. Did I, the least to say, care? Absolutely not.

Something about that woman gave me the chills. She was taunting me with that smirk, it didn't exactly say; I won't try anything to seduce your husband in anyway. I could tell she could care less if he was married or not.

After I dropped off the permission slip, I went back home where I cleaned the house. It wasn't necessarily in need of cleaning, but I needed to distract myself from everything going on.

I decide on cleaning Harry's office, putting everything in order, throwing away empty cans of red bulls and Chinese food bowls before I move onto his desk.

As I organize the papers on his desk, the sound of a coin falling to the floor stopped my actions. I looked around the floor before his ring caught my attention. As I picked it up, I remembered how he held his left hand inside his slacks back at work, probably to hide the fact that he didn't have it on.

I decided on not calling him, I was going to wait for him to come home so I could confront him about it. I finish cleaning up before I get ready to pick the girls up from school.

As I finish washing the last dish, I hear the sound of the front door close and footsteps reach the kitchen where I was, drying my hands with a napkin and when I turn, Harry is holding onto a chair's back while he looks at me.

"Lilian told me what you said to her." He says, his eyebrows furrowed.

I shrug. "Did she?"

"Do you really don't trust me that you have to threaten my secretary? I mean, come on. This is overdoing it." He now holds a glare.

"I didn't threaten her," I point out. "I told her what I thought she should know."

"She's my bloody secretary!" He raises his tone. "This isn't school, we aren't in a teenage relationship, Rosalie, we're married! If that isn't enough for you to know that I wouldn't cheat, I don't know what is."

I nod. "Are you done?" I say and it looks like he's ready to explode. "Well I guess it's my turn. Where's your wedding ring?"

"What?" He asks with a raised brow, straightening up.

"You heard me," I say. "You're not wearing it. Where is it?" At this, he scratches the back of his neck. After a moment of silence, I reach onto my back pocket and take it out, slapping it onto the table. "I found it on your desk today."

"Why—"

"You want me to trust you so much that you're angry with me for telling your secretary that we're married, all the while you're not even wearing your wedding ring."

Harry stays quiet, a furrow between his eyebrows. I knew he was angry, if not more, but I could care less. I have never done anything to make him believe I was being unfaithful, so I have no idea why he would.

I give him one last look before I begin to walk away. "Rosalie—" he begins but I am already out of the kitchen and on my way to the room.