Ep 13

Since that day in the music room, we have been out of the palace every afternoon for short  walks in the yard because of the pleasant weather of the past few days and we would go up to the music room, play Chopin as he joined me. We talked heart to heart, I shared everything I couldn't share with anyone else and he listened, he was there for me to kiss my lips and to remind me he would always be there. And I was in love. I couldn't stop smiling as I walked through the empty corridors by myself and waited for him to accompany me to various places in the palace, but I found myself in a routine and interesting life since he was here. I was no longer bored, and Peter was so busy I'd see him sleepy already in bed, it was the only time that made me feel bad about myself falling asleep without listening to his smiling, sleepy good night.

I didn't keep reading the book, I was on exactly the same page as I had stopped in Korea. It had been awhile since we had returned, and everything had become more beautiful to me, the days had become more pleasant, my body had grown used to his presence, to his sudden smell of strong emotions. I hardly saw Peter, but I didn't complain about it any more. Suddenly it felt like this was how my life was supposed to go on, without worrying or paying attention to the presence of my bodyguard by me.

The days had become too beautiful. My life became comfortable, I felt loved. I felt love. I felt in love.

I stand between the walls of the third-floor corridor alone, staring at the rays of the sun dazzling my eyes as I hear Peter's voice approaching with quick strides.

I turn around with my body, his figure smiling at me and his hands landing on my shoulders in a startling boom. He grabs my body and turns me in a half-circle- waltz dance that spins my head.

The sudden happiness on his face makes me wonder what he's been through. I hadn't seen him so happy for a long time, considering that he hadn't caught me in the corridors lately, though he hadn't had time at all.

"Peter." I call him, he opens his mouth, his smiling lips speak before the words come out.

He takes my hands and I look down at his big hands that used to hold my hands like this, remembering the different, distant and cold touch.

- "I have some good news." He says, and I just look up at him.

it seems to be happy news, with such a smile on his face, I wonder what it can be and who it's connected to, and if not to the kingdom, then to whom it is already.

- "Nicholas Francis." That's all he says.

I suppose he means the French prince, the crown prince.

"You mean the French prince, Nicholas Francis?" I ask and he nods.

"Yes, I have just read the letter that he sent me and I came directly to you." Peter starts to laugh with joy and I cant stop myself either.

"What is it, Peter? What happened in France that makes you so happy?" The two of us laughing together as he turns my body for another half-circle-dance and my feet are raised slightly above the ground.

-"Me and Nicholas are going to sign an alliance." He takes me down and says quietly between happy giggles.

"I don't understand." I say.

"Tonight I'm leaving to Normandy." My body goes into a paralyzed state and I find it hard to swallow my saliva suddenly.

"Don't worry, you don't have to come with me, it's only a two-day trip to Normandy and then I come back, so I'm telling you this here and now, I know it's all happening so fast, it's a decision I made as soon as I finished reading the letter."