Ep 10

-"I think if you try to write a novel, you would write a book like this one." Chan says while we both sit, leaning against the table reading from the book between us. 

"You think so?" I ask, looking up from the book to look at him and I'm finding that he is looking at me.

He hums, "You'd write all of this Except the disappointing previous chapter," he says, and we both laugh. We found ourselves sitting and reading chapter sixteen together, it was one of my favorite chapters and I kept myself quiet from telling him what was going on.

"It depends, Chan."

-"On?" He asks, and I turn my body slightly toward him.

"It depends on whether the end is good or tragic, sad or destructive."

- "Ahh." His mouth opens and he nods, "You're right, it really depends."

I look back at the book and lean with my elbows on the table. I look for the line where I stopoed and I find it at the end of the page.

I raise my head to see where Chan is, I follow his eyes that are probably in the last rows and wait for him to finish, and when he finishes, he raises his head and locks his gaze in mine.

"Did you finish the chapter before me?"

"Well, I've read it at least twice before, so I remember exactly what's going on there."

- "Don't tell me!" I laugh and shake my head, he goes to the next page and we start reading, and at the very end of the first sentence we both stop.

Chan clears his throat and I take my eyes off the book and look at his reaction.

He immediately go back to the book. I see his eyes are fluttering on the page quickly and he sighs quietly, and again pauses.

The page was full of details that my eyes refused to see from every time I started the first sentence, but suddenly when I sit here with him and try to read, I cant, so the first sentence that on the page penetrates to my mind and I repeat the words; His own fingers caressed her naked thigh in the darkness and his lips clung to her sweating skin, light sighs came through her thick lips as he kissed her passionately as if it was his last day ...

I go back to look at Chan, who seems to be so amused, his lips slightly pouting, his eyes following slowly the words.

I wait for the moment when he gets to the part that closes the chapter when his tongue licks his lower lip slowly.

My heartbeats starts to speed up and my hands are ready to close the book when he finishes and raises his head back to me.

He blinks and continues to look at me.

- "I guess this is your favorite episode."

"Well ..." I'm about to continue the sentence but stop when his hand closes the book and his face turns to me.

-"Have you ever thought about it?"

My eyes widen to his question.

"about what?" I ask.

- "About how we fell in love with that book almost at the same time." His eyes sparkle like the eyes of a child who wants something sweet.

"There are things that are meant to be." I say.

-"Yes?" He raises his hand up to my cheek.

"This book makes you feel like-" I could feel my cheeks burning from his touch again, but I wasn't sure that this was the only touch that made me feel that way.