Ep 3

The Season has changed and another season has reached the coldest winter.

Recently Peter used to shut himself up with his friends in the map room without involving me in his affairs, but the last thing I heard from one of the servants was related to the voyage.

Soon I will celebrate my twentieth birthday and Peter will be twenty-one. The letters my parents send me each month are related to the same subject.

The kingdom wants a regent. I remained calm just because of Peter's words, he always smiled the same smile at me without telling me that everything was all right and I didnt have to worry, I already knew what that smile meant, that he was trying everything to calm things down.

It's been a year and a half since Peter promised me a trip, and from that day I had some inexplicable joy in my heart. My heart was dancing and every time I laughed, I laughed harder, knowing that one day in the near future I would see him.

I'll see him.

So I spent my days alone recently because Peter was very busy, except breakfast and walking at noon we didnt do too much, we used to talk about the weather but now those conversations have become superfluous and I needed it. Sometimes I hoped that Katherine, Peter's sister, would be at my side at least.

I missed her exaggerated jokes and her fantasies. I wondered what she looked like now, because Ive changed a little. I changed my hairstyle and my dress style, I especially got into fashion from France, Peter told me he liked my new dresses and we joked about it for a few moments, that was just a week ago, the last time we really laughed.

Peter's friend's bowed before they left the map room and closed the heavy doors behind me. Leaving me standing and looking at Peter's back that looked out the window that showed the view of Denmark. You could see the hills and mountains, the cold mist and almost the snow that covered part of Denmark. The sight was spectacular until my eyes stopped on the huge map that had been laid out on Peter's wooden table.

"Hello, Peter." I let him know I'm in the room because he hasnt noticed my presence.

He turns his head and smiles at me.

"You sound like my mother." He laughs and turns with his whole body to me. I move over to the table and look at the map.

"really?" I giggle.

"We didnt talk much today, or recently at all."

"I was hoping you wouldnt come into this room today and wait for that for next week." I hear his footsteps and raise my head to him.

"What will happen next week?"

"Oh." He puts his hand on my hair and caresses it. Just like Dad used to do.

I think for a few minutes and, as he always let me be, he says nothing. and that's what I loved so much about Peter ... He let me be me.

My twentieth birthday. It hits my head and Peter sees it, he sees that I've got it.

- "You will celebrate your twenties, my dear."

"you remember." All I had to do was laugh. Though it surprised me.

"Yes, well, how can I forget?" He looks into my eyes and I shake my head.

I think about what if Peter really loves me with his heart, if he's really attracted to me like ... and I stop thinking about what if he knows what I'm thinking. It was stupid to think he knew, but I couldnt think straight when he looked deep into my eyes.

"And what do you plan with the maps?" I laugh, "With as much as I like maps, I dont think I want it as a twenty-year birthday present."

He clinks his tongue and looks away to the map on the table.