Part 1- The Drain Gutter

I was probably 14 back then. I used to go to my tuition on my bicycle everyday. It was a similar day like others except that I chose a different route that day just for a change. It was around 4 pm and it was hot so there was no one around me. I was humming my favorite song when my eyes landed on a guy. He was my classmate. He walked out of his home with his bicycle, probably going to his tuition. I did not know that he lived there and was suddenly regretting choosing the route. The fact is I did not like him because he was some bad-ass. So, I didn't want any encounter with him. In order to do so I sped off before he could see me. I planned to take the right turn from the intersection right in front of me so he wouldn't notice me. It was a slope so my bike accelerated more. Suddenly, out of nowhere a jeep came in front of me going real slow. I knew that I couldn't stop my bike because even if I applied brakes, my bike would still crash into the jeep as it was  only 50-60 meters away. The only way to avoid accident was to speed up more and cross the intersection before the jeep. I did so and succeeded in avoiding the fatal accident by just an inch. I smiled but panicked soon when I realized that my bike went out of control because of the speed. It fell down taking me with itself. It fell on left while I jumped on the right. I managed to prevent any bruises but my right leg fell into the small open drain gutter covering my leg in smelly waste. I screamed in disgust. It stunk really awful and my white jeans were spoiled too. By this time, I had completely forgot about the guy. 

 Just seconds later, he came and stood beside me picking up my bike. I turned back to see him offering his hand. I took it as he helped me up on my legs. He asked me if I was okay and I just nodded unable to form any words out of embarrassment. I am sure my face had a flushed look as I stood in front of him with my leg covered in gross substances. Fortunately, there was a garden right in front that had a tap. I immediately washed myself with a lot of water and the smell was eventually gone but I was still feeling gross. He waited there and handed my bag to me and left. I was so thankful that he never once smiled in front of me but I am sure he must have laughed later. He even saw the whole accident prevention scene. All of this just to prevent him and that too in vain. When I told my friends, they laughed their asses off.

Next day I saw him in school and was embarrassed as hell. Thankfully, he never mentioned it in front of me but I could hear some of the guys chuckling at me. My face turned red as I just became a laughing stock, all for nothing.