day trip [2] | ✧

Start from the beginning

Clarke approached the makeshift shooting range, a hint of uncertainty in her eyes. "So, I just hold it on my shoulder?"

Bellamy positioned himself next to her and provided guidance on holding the gun properly. He couldn't help but admire her, earning a playful smirk from Hunter. Bellamy quickly refocused and instructed Clarke, "Yeah, just a little higher now."

Hunter stifled a chuckle, then cleared her throat. "That's good. Watch and learn."

Bellamy began to get a feel for the gun, but when he attempted to fire, nothing happened. "My bullets are duds. Try yours," Bellamy suggested.

Clarke lined up her shot and fired, feeling a sense of accomplishment. "That was amazing. Am I horrible for feeling that?"

"Try again," Bellamy encouraged.

"No, we shouldn't waste the ammunition," Clarke reasoned.

"You'll be wasting ammunition if you're shooting a target and missing every time. You need to practice," Hunter advised.

"We also need to discuss how we're going to keep guns around camp, where we're going to store them, and who will have access," Clarke added.

"You left Miller in charge of the Grounder. You must trust him," Hunter pointed out.

"You two should keep him close; the others listen to him," Bellamy suggested.

"We should keep him close?" Hunter questioned. "Bellamy, what's going on? You've been acting weird all day." She then noticed Bellamy glancing at his bag, and it suddenly clicked.

"What is it?" Clarke inquired.

"All the rations you took, you're going to run," Hunter said with a sigh.

"That's why you agreed to come with us, you were just going to load up on supplies and just disappear," Clarke added.

"I don't have a choice; the Ark will be here soon," Bellamy confessed.

"So, you're just going to leave Octavia?" Hunter questioned.

"Octavia hates me; she'll be fine," Bellamy replied.

"You don't know—"

"I shot the Chancellor! They're going to kill me, Hunter. Best-case scenario, they lock me up with the Grounder for the rest of my life, and there's no way in hell I'm going to give Jaha the satisfaction. Keep practicing. I need some air," Bellamy set his gun down and left the area.

"I need some too," Hunter sighed and started to make her way out of the bunker.

Hunter emerged from the bunker door, her head spinning, momentarily disoriented by the bright light outside. She shielded her eyes from the sudden glare, stepping through the door.

To her surprise, Hunter found herself in her old Ark bedroom. "What?" She scanned her surroundings, the familiarity striking her. She reached out to touch the soft bed covers.

"You remember the last time you were in here?"

Hunter whirled around, and there stood Murphy, leaning casually against the doorframe with his arms crossed.

"Murphy?" Hunter rushed over and hugged him tightly, burying her head in his neck. She held onto him for what felt like an eternity before realizing the surreal nature of the situation. She broke the embrace and took a step back. "You're not real."

"I can be," Murphy teased.

"I don't know where you are; you could be - you could be dead for all I know." Hunter's eyes welled up with tears, and she sat on the bed.