Chapter 14: 2013

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

"You know that (Y/n)'s parents died on a boat, right?" The older males nodded. I took a deep breath.

"After they died, she was sent to an orphanage in Russia, the same street Mila and I lived. We all became best friends in a short time. Everything was fine! Until 2013. Mila was 13 by that time. (Y/n) and I were 10." I started.

"Mila's parents got into a... lets just call it a financial crisis and they...they pushed Mila into a...bad business." I pushed my hair backwards. Yuuri's brown hues gleamed with sadness. "The business payed for everything they needed. Food, bills, skating classes for Mila...everything. Until the...people asked for a kid, and she...they..." My blue eyes watered.

"They tried to sell (Y/n) to the black market crap, since the orphanage let Mila's parents as her corresponding guardians at the time. Mila didn't even try stop them. The gang, Park JoonHyuk's father gang... they... did so much things to her. Hell, she was 10 years freaking old!" Viktor's hands flew to his mouth in shock as the pig's eyes widened, mouthing a 'no'.

"And then, she was adopted by the Lee's. She got a better life, she got the love she deserved." I smiled to myself, remembering the happiness she experienced when the director told her she was adopted. "I still regret not doing anything and just...watched her being dragged away by the gang. Mila made me believe that (Y/n) was a horrible person for not trying to help them, and that it was her own fault she got..." Tears slipped from my eyes. "she made me believe they were doing the right thing. She made me believe it was for the best if the gang got (Y/n). And I complied...by keeping silent. I'm such an awful person."

And I cried.

After a while, Viktor reached the police and informed them about the situation. Yuuri and I got prepared to go look for her. Viktor raised a fist.

"Now, we got to search for your girlfriend!"

"Excuse you?"

"Eh– I mean! Best friend! Best friend!" I rolled my eyes, my cheeks blushing furiously.

"Damn you, old man."

"Why? I'm lovely!" Viktor claimed. I clicked my tongue.

Sneaking out of Hasetsu, we met with a policeman to the designated area she had texted Yuuri. The police, Kawazaki Ren, a 25 year old and the pig's highschool friend, looked around the area. He shook his head.

"No sign of her." The Japanese said. I groaned in frustration.

"Stupid Joonhyuk, Stupid Mila, Stupid stupid (Y/n)..." I muttered silently. Ren guy looked apologetically at me.

"I'm sorry, kid. I don't even see a clue to tell you where your friend might be." He patted my head. "I'm truly sorry. I'll talk with investigation department to see if we can track her down." I nodded and whispered a 'thank you'. The policeman half smiled before going back to the headquarters. I pressed the palms of my hands into my eyes and took a deep deep breath. Viktor sighed.

"Yurio, we should head back home–"

"No."

It was Yuuri who talked next. "Hey man, it getting really late. We really should—"

"I already said it once. No. I'm not going away without my (Y/n)." I growled. Viktor and Yuuri blinked, before a wide grin spread across their faces. "What the fuck?"

"Oh, Yurio~!"

"I feel like a proud dad!"

"Me too!" They both exclaimed. Yuuri faked-wiped a tear.

"What?"

"You didn't realize what you said, did you?"

"Yeah– no." I admitted. Viktor laughed while Yuuri smiled.

"You said: my (Y/n)." They both pronounced, before squealing high-pitched like little school girls. My eyes widened as my cheeks turnes deep crimson.

"Shit. I-I actually meant it as a best friend! You see? My best friend! Nothing m...more."

"You sure about that, Yuri?"

"Of course! I lo... Mina is my girlfriend!" I couldn't say it. Those three words. Because I knew I would be lying if I said it.

When did it happened?

How did I fall in love with my best friend?

When and how did I fell in love with (Y/n)?