Part Of Your World

His face... His voice... It's all so captivating. His smile makes my heart skip a beat. The man, upon a ship, and I, swimming within the blue sea. I've longed to be with the people above the cold waters, but it seems now, I long to be with him. But I can't. For I am part sea creature, and he, is human.

"Oi, Ivan! Come have drink! We're here to relax, right?!"

A blonde man calls over to him. He seems loudmouthed.

'Ivan'... I can say it all day...

"I suppose, you sure have outdone yourself, da?" He says, taking a seat next to a drunk albino. A soft smile upon his lips. I stare. He's wondrous...

"Yao-nii, you can't be up here..."

I turn to face my little brother, Kiku, a concerned look on his face.
I turn back to look at Ivan, smiling.

"Look at him, Kiku... Isn't he handsome?"
"He is a human, Yao-"
"That shouldn't mean a thing, aru."
"We aren't allowed around humans, we can't-"

"Aiya..." I huff. "I'm tired of those rules, aru! I want to meet-"

A scream.

Flames.

Upon the coast, I stroke his soft, wet face. His clothes are soaked, he is barely breathing. I look at him with worry.

"Ivan... Wake up, aru..."

The silver haired man flinches. His breathing regulating. I smile and softly press my lips to his, my brown hair falling upon his chest as I do so.

"What would I give... to live where you are...? What would I pay... just to stay beside you?"

Ivan's eyes open a little.

"What would I do to see you smiling at me?"

"Wha...?" He croaks. I continue to sing to him.

"Where would we walk? Where would we run? If we could stay all day in the sun?-"

"Yao-nii!"

I ignore my brother's calling and continue to gaze into Ivan's eyes. He seems tired, yet concerned, and a bit surprised. "Y-Yao...? Th...that is...your name...?"

I nod. "You are Ivan... I'm happy I got to land on time, aru..."

"Y-you... saved me?"

"Yes..."

"W-wait! Come with me we can- oh..."

Ivan looks at my red tail with sadness. "Yao..."

"Ivan...I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something's starting right now..."

I kiss Ivan's cheek and retreat back into the water, smiling at him.

"Watch and you'll see...someday I'll be..."

"Yao..."

"Part of your world..."