Chapter 3: Not so good first Impressions

Finally arriving back home the boys ended up in brian's home.

"Alright eppy, why are you making us go to this art show?" John said adjusting his coat.

"Look i know you boys are still tired from the tour but i really want to see this new artist i've only heard great things about her work, im thinking about sponsoring her, and i would love you all to get to know her." Brian said.

"Sounds like a bloody bore to me" john said.

"I don't know sounds like fun" paul said adjusting his tie.

"Of course you would think that" john said.

"Well this bird's art better be bloody good if your dragging us to her show" john said.

"Well lets hope," brian said leading the boys to the car.

************************************
Arriving at the art show the place was packed, the word had gotten out that brian would be here as well as the boys, and everyone who was anyone was at this showing. From musicians, actors, models, everyone.

"Well it is quite a turnout" brian said recognizing some faces.

"Than she must be a damn good artist" john said.

"Apparently" brian responded.

As a lady serving drinks came around the boys picked a drink off her tray.

Finally making their way around looking at the pieces brian was mesmerized he wanted to buy everything.

"Oh boys look at this looking at a particular painting."

The boys although bored were at least polite and pretended to be interested.

"It's good eppy you thinking about buying it" paul asked.

"Oh absolutely paul, but we must meet her to say what excellent work she's done." Brian said enthusiastically.

John not paying attention to the conversation looked around and found a particular drawing he liked.

One she did of her family. He noticed how distinct the style was, the family in the picture reminded him of liverpool, back when things were calm. When it was just mimi telling him to be quiet while he played his guitar in the house. It brought him back to those simpler times.

He smiled at it, and went back to looking around.

Suddenly a woman approached them, smiling wildey and getting rather shy.

She must be a fan john thought sipping his drink.

"Hello Mr. Epstein" she said shaking his hand. "And hello to you boys." She said nervously smiling.

"Im Shirley Daniels I work at the gallery, and am a friend of the artist."

"Oh well hello Ms. Daniels you know I fell in love with one of the pieces and would love to buy on of them and hopefully meet the artist." Brian said.

"Wow really shirley said excited, umm yes of course cynthia is around here somewhere let me go find her."

As they waited john looked around and noticed all the pretty models.

A few of them caught him staring and he winked at them.

Thy all giggled. Suddenly shirley came back, "so unfortunately she is speaking to some reporters, but i know she is as happy to meet you as you are of her."

"Well great just let me know when I can meet her properly" brian said.

"Absolutely, Brian, I mean Mr. Epstein, sir shirley said nervously and walked away.

As john stared at the models he went to get another drink.

Getting up to the bartender he noticed another woman waiting for her drink order.

"A whiskey please" he told the bartender, she noticed him and gave a faint smile.

"How are you enjoying the exhibition then?" She asked.

"It's alright i guess john said. To be honest my manager made us come here. Id rather be anywhere else, I'm not much for these posh intellectual types talking as if art was their entire lives."

Getting her drink her smile faded, "Oh" she said.

As john got his drink he began to drink it.

"I just wonder where the artist might be he said, she seems to be busy talking with reporters and all." He said.

"Yes she must be" the woman said still not smiling.

"Well it was nice talking to ya." John said as he made his way to the models.

********************************************

Handing her shirley her drink cyn was very annoyed.

"What's with you" shirley asked.

"That john lennon guy, thats what." Cyn said. "He seems to think he owns the world."

"Ok" shirley said confused.

"He said he would rather be anywhere else than at my exhibition." Cyn said.

"He said that straight to your face, knowing its your art?" shirley asked.

"I don't think he even knew i was the artist."

"Im sure he didn't mean it" shirley said trying to see the positive in one of her idols.

"He is a jerk plain and simple" cyn said.

"Ok well your gonna have to meet the jerk and his manager now because they are coming this way." Shirley said.

Turning around cyn smiled faintly seeing brian and the boys approaching.

"Mr. Epstein this is my friend and the artist of all this marvelous work cynthia powell."

As john heard shirley say that he hid his embarrassment.

"Your the artist?" john asked.

"Yes i am" cyn said staring at him with complete contempt.

"Well it is lovely to meet you cynthia" brian said, "i have fallen in love as many others have with your work. It is marvelous." Brian said.

Cyn smiled "thank you Mr. Epstein, it is an honor to have you here, as i'm sure many others would rather be elsewhere than here at a boring art exhibition." Cyn said

John knew that was for him, and her merely rolled his eyes. Who does this bird think she is john thought.

"Nonsense, brian said, well my dear it has all been wonderful and because i loved it this much i am going to buy one of your paintings, and sponsor you."

"Really" cyn said excitedly she and shirley smiled widely. "Mr epstein that means so much to me you have no idea."

"Well you deserve it," brian said as the chauffeur came to collect him and the boys, "we shall be in touch cynthia it was lovely to meet you."

Seeing them all leave she and john made eye contact, both looked away quickly.