Becoming Stronger and Developing Feelings

Here is the next one! It has took a while to decide what this chapter will be about. Well, here is the next chapter!

(Serena's POV)

I watched as Ash battled with his Pokémon and it was a hard battle. "Pikachu, use electro ball to finish it off!" Ash yelled. The gym leader looked worried.

"Now, use ice beam!" 

"Dodge it!" After that, a big cloud of dust appeared. Pikachu was still standing up and the opposing Pokémon was fainted.

"Mamoswine is unable to battle, so the challenger Ash wins!" a man shouted. Ash was given his last and final gym badge. Ash looked happy. It seemed I didn't have to work with him anymore.

"Yes! I won my final badge!" Ash cheered. After that, we left town and went to Lumiose City where the Kalos League would be located. We went inside the Pokémon Center and looked at the TV screen.

"It has been revealed that the Pokémon League in Lumiose will start in three months." The lady explained, after that we stopped listening.

"Aww man.. We will have to wait.." Bonnie's face became as puffed as a balloon. Clemont patted Bonnie's head which made her calm down. Serena though, looked happy in suprise.

I looked at him and then his face looked up at me with determination. "We can train some more!" he exclaimed. He still is happy and I am left alone. Ash then remembered our conversation, "And I can help you!" he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Help her what..?" Bonnie gave a toothy grin. I could tell by her facial expression, she had something dirty minded in her head. I looked at her in the eyes and thought how she was positive and I was not. 

"Anyways, I might take today off.." Ash rested his head on a pillow. Me and the siblings had our jaw open.

"ALERT! ASH IS GONE!" Bonnie screamed, running like crazy. Clemont chased Bonnie around until he got her in his arms.

"Uh..Ash. You barely ever take a day off." Clemont said, worried. Ash stood up and Pikachu hopped on to his shoulder.

"Well Serena says it's good to take a break once and a while." Ash smiled at me. I wondered why, this one time, he took a suggestion from me.

"Ohh... So you guys are starting to develop feelings, eh?" Bonnie had another typical evil grin on her face.

"BONNIE! It's annoying now!" Clemont put her down and slightly hit her.

"Child abuse!" Bonnie mumbled. Clemont sweatdropped and grabbed Bonnie by the waist again, concerend about her actions.

"Well Serena..? What are you going to do?" Ash asked, while sweatdropping from Bonnie.

"I might practice my performance.." I suggested. I walked outside while Ash followed me. I turned around and Ash smiled. Why was he following me?

"Delphox, flamethrower! Sylveon, swift!" the moves collided, and made a cloud of dust. I fell to the ground, "This will never work out.." I said, tearing up. Ash walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Serena.." he turned my face to his, "Never give up until it's over, remember?" he asked with a big smile.

"Yeah.." I started to smile. Ash's strength came from that line, 'Never give up until it's over' and I always loved it when he said that.

"There's that smile of yours!" he cheered. I giggled at Ash.

"Anyways, why did you follow me..?" I gave Ash a serious look. Ash looked down and his hat covered his eyes. Usually that meant 'Don't mess with me' or 'I am serious'

"You want help right?" he pulled me up from the ground.

"I guess, but I'm never worthy of anything.." another tear dropped from my face and then Ash pulled me in to a hug. I blushed at hugged him back. I didn't care if I blushed because Ash couldn't see my face.

"Serena, did anyone tell you that your smile is your strength?" Ash whispered in to my ear. I looked up at the sky, thinking about what he just said.

"No.."

"Well then I'm telling you.." Ash chuckled, and I got out of the hug. 

(Ash's POV)

I felt strange when I hugged Serena, and then I said something without realizing it, "Had anyone tell you that your smile is your strength?" I had never said anything like that to a person before. Pikachu was sitting on a bench near me with a suprised look on his face.

I waved to Serena, "Well I have to go rest!" I exclaimed and Pikachu jumped on my shoulder.

"Pika! Pika-chu!" Pikachu squealed which meant, "Ash, do you like Serena? It seems like it!"

"Pikachu! I'm not really sure right now.." I stopped walking. I never would of thought of something like that, "Am I really dense with love?" I looked at Pikachu.

"Pika.." (Yeah..)

"Well, let's get a room." I walked up to Nurse Joy. 

"Hello, what would you like?" she smiled just like Serena. Serena's smile was really beautiful. WAIT! WHAT AM I THINKING? 

"Excuse me?" Nurse Joy broke me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, can I rent a room-" I was inturrupted by Clemont.

"We already got one, so you don't have to worry. It's room 333." Clemont smiled, not realizing what he just said. 

In the Pokémon world, 3 is a love number. And a triple 3 means, someone in the room will probably fall in love. When was I smart about love? "Clemont, that's a love number.." I sweatdropped.

Bonnie walked up to us, "I chose it! Just for-" she was cut off by Clemont holding her mouth. I heard her mumble something like, "Four Sarino" What's four Sarino? I didn't care, I just walked down the halls until I reached our room.

When I walked in and went to sleep, I had a weird dream that Serena kissed me. I looked around the room, wondering what just happened.