Chapter 10 Rewrite

Start from the beginning

Crouching over Wendy and the two exceeds, I get hit by different rocks thrown by the exceeds. 

"Please, listen to them, save yourselves!" I cry out as I protect the three from the rocks. A rock hits me in the head, just above my brow. I feel a liquid start to pour down my face. 

"Stop!" I hear someone say in the distance. 

"Stop it!" I hear the voice say again. 

"Sto---" The exceed is cut off by a rock thrown at his head. He then falls straight to the ground. The rock throwing stopped. 

"Nadi? What are you doing, protecting the humans." An exceed shouts from the crowd. I stand up, wobbling slightly as I hold my head, the liquid flowing through my fingers. 

"Maybe we should hear them out. I mean, what harm can it do?" Nadi asks the other exceeds. 

"What are you saying Nadi?" One exceed exclaims.

"Yeah, why are you protecting the humans?" An other adds. At this point everyone is up. 

"Please, listen to us. Extalia is in danger." Cynthia says. 

"So what, the humans should know their place. They would never---" The other exceed was cut off by the ground shaking and a crash sound. The exceed's suddenly fall into an outburst. 

"It looks like the lacrima hit the island." Wendy says. 

"If that were the case I doubt we'd still be around to discuss it." Carla replies to Wendy. 

"I'm so sorry Carla, there is nothing we could do." Wendy says, looking down and at the brink of tears. 

"This isn't over yet. Were not giving up that easily!" Carla exclaims and runs towards the exceeds. 

"Please listen everyone!" Carla tells them. 

"You're still here, I'll fix that." An older exceed says throwing the rock. Carla flinches but Nadi blocks the rock with his face. 

"Sir, throwing rocks is dangerous, you could really hurt someone." Nadi says to the exceed. 

"Yeah, but she's a fallen so it's no big deal." The exceed says. 

"Don't you've realized whats happened!" Nadi exclaims at the exceed. "They risked their own safty to warn us of the danger, the only reason why we're in this mess is because we ignored them." Nadi tells the crowd. 

"You cant be serious Nadi!" A female exceed yells out at him. 

"Yeah, the queen is going to destroy the island and all the humans." An other exceed says. 

"Queen, your heiness, hurry, save us." An other male exceed exclaimed. 

"Everyone, please calm yourself." Nadi says with worry and fear. 

"Set aside your fear Nadi." A female voice says from behind us. We all turn around to see a white exceed with a big robe. 

"It's the queen." An exceed says hapily. "We're saved at last." Another exceed says. "Praise her." A third exceed says while they bow down. We all look at her in shock. 

"All hail her majesty." Nadi says while bowing. 

"That's really her?" Wendy asks us. The queen seems to look at Carla with a kind smile. 

"Thank you but this is not the time to lower your head. Now that you've calmed down, please listen to what I have to say." The queen says to everyone calmly. 

"Any idea why the queen would come out of her castle?" A female exceed asks, confusion in her tone. 

"Obviously so that we can watch her use her awesome powers." The male exceed says.