Chapter 26

Sky's POV
"Sky?" Ben asks looking at me but I look down. "What is going on?" He asks making me look at him. "I can't tell you..." I say letting a tear roll down my cheek. "I'm going to the nurse. Bye Ben." I say turning to walk away from him. He doesn't say anything. As I continue to walk I can't help but feel guilty for not telling him. I refuse to  put his life in danger or any of my friends for that matter. I couldn't do that to them. They all mean too much too me. 

Ben's POV

As she turns and walk away I can't help but almost feel angry at what or who is making her this upset. I need to get to the bottom of this. I turn back to walk back to the cafeteria. We still have about ten minutes left before next period hopefully I can get some answers before then. I walk into the cafeteria and see all of Sky's brothers sitting with some of Emma's friends. Grayson looks over and we make eye contact and I motion for him to come over here. He stands up and walks over. He is frowning and I know he is upset about the Sky thing. "What is going on? Ella said it was something about a text," I say and Grayson looks down.

"You know what the text was," I say and he nods. "I'm sorry Ben. It is way deeper than you think and I just can't tell you. I don't want to drag you into a mess you won't want to be a part of," He says. "If it's about Sky I want to know," I say and Grayson frowns. "Sorry," Grayson says and walks away before I can say anything else. 

Sky's POV

I don't know how long I have been sitting in the nurse but before I know it I hear the nurse calling my name telling me that Ryan is here to take me home. I grab my backpack from the floor and see Ryan signing me out. He doesn't say anything and I just follow him outside. I follow Ryan and get in the seat not saying anything. When he starts driving through the parking lot I see a familiar red car. That's my dad's car! I keep looking and I see Brayden walking towards it. (Quick Author's Note, Brayden is the boy who beat up Sky in one of the early chapters) What is going on!? "What Sky!" Ryan says and I shake my head. "Nothing," I say and right when I look back Brayden is walking back towards the school and the car is gone. Am I going crazy?

Once we get home I go to my room and plop in bed. What is happening in my life. I hear a knock on my door and Ryan walks in. He sits next to me but I don't look up. "Why can't we just call the police?" I groan. "Sky you know the reason why," Ryan says and I feel a tear roll down my face. My dad is one of the most well known lawyers in this town. Nobody will believe us kids over the most well known man around here. "I'm sorry Sky but we will figure something out," He says as he walks out and closes the door behind him. As I close my eyes a vivid memory comes to mind.

Flashback from 9 years ago

"Mommy I'm hungry!" I whine to my mom as she drives. "Hold on honey," My moms says and I huff sitting back in my seat.  My parents promised to buy me a toy if I got a hit in my tee ball game and I did just that. My dad is sitting in the passenger seat humming along to the song on the radio. My mom looks over at my dad laughing when he starts singing along to the music. I start playing with the small old toy in my hand and before I know it; the toy falls to the floor. "My toy!" I scream. "I'll get it," My mom says gently. "No honey you focus on driving," My dad says. "I got it dear," My mom says reaching down to grab the toy. "Honey watch out!" My dad screams and as if in slow motion the car flips and everything goes dark. 

Back to present time

Tears roll down my face as I try to think of something else. What about Ben. I know he wants to know what's going on but I don't want to drag him into my problem. He is probably worrying about me right now.  I just can't tell him. The only person I feel like I can talk to right now is Grayson. I am close with all my brothers but I have always been extremely close with Grayson. We are twins and we share the same room. We know each other's secrets and I tell him everything. He know my darkest secrets and I know his. I pull out my phone and see that I have a bunch of missed text from Ella, Chloe, and Emma saying they hope I feel better. I text them all back and see what else I missed. Archer says call me later and I smile texting him okay before I move on. A name flashes on the screen, Ben. 

I open Ben's text and frown when reading it. 

B: I don't know what's going on but I hope you feel better. Miss you already <3

S: Thanks I will talk to you later. A lot is going on right now I can't explain it

B: I understand. Just rest we will talk later

As I exit my messages with Ben I go to text Grayson. I don't really know what the say. There really is nothing to say. I want to tell him how I'm feeling but I don't know how I'm feeling. Fear is the biggest emotion running through my head right now. I have no idea what we are going to do. How are we going to stop one of the most well known men around. I'm living in fear about what is going to happen to me. I know my brothers will protect me no matter what but I don't want them to get hurt. 

S: Hey Grayson

G: Sky! How r u

S: I'm scared

G: You know we won't let anything happen to you. We will always protect you no matter what. now go get some rest you need it. 

S: Love you Gray

G: Love you too Sky

Author's Note

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and dealing with my awful updating schedule! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Vote and comment! I love reading and replying to comments! Until next time bye!