Chapter 24

Sky's POV

"Hey Sky!" A voice says next to me. I look over and see Ben sitting down on the other side of me. "What's up man," Grayson says doing a fist bump with Ben. Nick and Ryan give him a look of approval and I smile. Finally my brothers' are getting along with him. "What's up?" Ben asks me smiling at me. "Nothing much. How about you?" I ask. "I've been good. It was a boring break without you," He says and I blush.  I see him look away and he stands up. "I'll be right back," He says and I nod. I look the way he is heading and see Liam out in the hallway with his arms crossed. "Hey I'm going to go to the bathroom before the game," I say to Grayson and he nods.

I get up and start to walk towards the exit of the gym. I see Liam walking next to Ben until they turn a corner and I quickly walk over. I peek and see Liam and Ben stopping in the middle of the hallway. I lean back against the wall staying out of sight. "It seems like you are getting too close to Sky, you aren't suppose to be her friend. I keep having to remind you of this you idiot. Stick to the plan!" Liam says and I peek out to see him punch Ben. Ben just stands there taking the punch. "Why do we have to do this Liam. You guys used to be friends," Ben says and I hear him being shoved to the ground. 

"Used to. Not anymore and you know that," Liam says. "You need to get close to Sky so you can break her heart when you tell her it was all fake," He says and I gasp quietly. "But..." Ben starts but Liam cuts him off. "You need to get over any small crush you have on that girl and stick to what you were suppose to be doing the whole time. Don't make me tell you this again," Liam says and when I hear him starting to walk this way I look around and see the bathroom to my right. I run in and close the door leaning my ear against the door. As soon as I hear footsteps walk past the bathroom I walk over to the mirror and look at my reflection. 

All this time Ben was only trying to get close to me for his plan. Who knows if he even cares for me at all. I see a small tear coming from the corner of my eyes and I wipe it off before leaving the bathroom. I hear footsteps behind me and suddenly there is a hand on my shoulder. "Hey you," I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around and see Ben giving me a smile. How can he act like nothing happened. It's because he doesn't know I heard everything. I roll my eyes and turn to walk away. "Did I do something?" He asks and I look at him with my eyes watering. "Sky..." He says but I stop him. "I heard everything you and Liam said," I say and his eyes widen. "What?" He asks in disbelief. "I heard everything," I say quietly.

"Sky," He says leaning in the hug me but I push him away. "Don't touch me," I say and he moves back. "Don't even act like you care," I say hurt evident in my voice. "Sky can we please talk. I will explain," Ben says. "Fine," I say and I start to walk away knowing he would follow me. I lead him outside, stumbling here and there with my boot, and I walk over to a bench and sit down. "Start talking." I demand. "Okay," Ben says nervously sitting down next to me but not too close. "Look you know how much Harper hates you," He says and I nod. "Well she got together with Liam to make this fake friend plan. They wanted me to become your friend and maybe more than friends so I could break your heart in the end. I didn't want to do it but he made me. Threatened to beat me if I didn't," He says. 

"Is that where the bruises came from the day we were suppose..." I start but he interrupts me. "The night we were suppose to be going on our date. He showed up and beat me up saying that I was getting too attached to you and how I was messing up the plan," He says and I nod lowering my head. "He also threatened to spread my secret," He says and I look at him confused.  "Look Sky I live in a tiny apartment with my mom and two younger sisters. Our dad abused my little sisters, my mom, and I," He says and takes a breath before continuing, "It got so bad, I started taking hits for my sisters and mom. Finally my mom moved us to a different town. Liam was the only person who knew and he used that against me," Ben says.

"Ben, I'm so sorry," I say sincerely. "So I went along with Liam's dumb plan but Sky I really do like you. Our friendship is not fake," He says and I smile. "I think I may like you more than a friend," He says and I look at him with wide eyes. "Sky, you are one of the strongest girls I have ever met, even with your injured foot and wrist. So, Sky will you be my girlfriend?" He asks and I stare at him in awe. "Yes," I say and he looks at me, a smile forming. He stands up at the same time I do and he hugs me. "I've been waiting for this day for a long time," He says. I smile and he sets me down. "Come on we have a game to get too," He says grabbing my hand and leading me back towards the inside of the school.

There is one minute left in the game. Noah's team is leading by two and the seconds are going fast quickly. Ben and I make conversation during timeouts and during halftime but other than that I have been really into the game. We are playing one of the best teams in the state and we are winning. The clock runs out and we won. I hug Noah once he makes it back over to us and I smile. "Congrats!" I exclaim. "Thanks Sky!" He says before running of to talk to one of his teamates. I turn around and see Ben talking to one of his friends. Once his friend walks away he turns back to me.

"That was a great game," He says and I nod. "Totally," I say laughing. Grayson taps on my shoulder and I turn to face him. "Time to go. Big ice cream party at our house," He says laughing and I give him a fist bump. "Yes I am so excited to make the best sundee ever," I say and he rolls his eyes. "You are on," He says laughing. I turn back to Ben and he smiles at me. "I'll text you later," He says winking and I smile at him. "See ya," I say and turn back facing my brothers. "Let's go," I say and they follow me back out to the car. As we start our ride home I can't help but think how much has happened today. I can't believe I'm dating Ben, the guy I never even wanted to talk to. Maybe the least expected can lead the best things.

.........................................

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have had some pretty bad writer's block! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Comment whaat you think is going to happen next! Please Vote! Also please go check out my other two books Rise of the Dead and Once upon a time! Thanks for reading! Until next time..... BYE!