Treehouse Troubles

I float above my bed hearing the phone ring next to me. I grumble being cranky and pick it up slowly knowing its either Finn or Bonnie. "Sup? Marceline speaking." I said sounding a bit more agitated then I would have liked to let on.

"I need your help at the treehouse Marcy!" I heard Jake's frantic voice whimper.

"What's going on?"

"I'm not really sure there's something wrong with Finn..." My eyes widened what could be so bad that Jake would call me? This must be serious.

"Alright. I'll be over in a bite." I hung up the phone, and pulled on a pair of black skinnies and a red tank top. I flew through the window and sped over to the Treehouse.

I arrived at the treehouse and knocked on the second floor kitchen window. Jake opened it and let me in.

"He's upstairs I'm not sure what's wrong with him... PB told me to call you. She said it was serious." Jake sounded upset and worried.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I found him in bed as hot as Flame Princess 2 days ago, of course I immediately called PB who sent Doctor Princess over. She didn't know how to help it was too strong for anything we gave him. Then PB came over yesterday with her strongest medicines, but they don't know what's going on really. He's just so sick" I wouldn't usually let Jake ramble, or anyone for the matter, but I wanted to know what I was facing before I went up there.

I flew through the trapdoor into the bedroom to see a very pale, shivering Finn. I had never seen Finn so weak in my life. I cleared my throat to make my presence aware. Princess Bubblegum turned to me.

"Oh glob you made it!" she replied and stood up to address me. I looked again at the lifeless Finn, shivering in the bed. "He's not doing well I'm afraid..." Bonnie said quietly. "He's rejecting all the medicines I give him." I floated to his bedside and landed on my knees next to him. "He asked for you last time he was awake..." she said even more quietly. We both looked at Finn for a few awkward moments and then with a little spunk Bonnie said she was going to get tea. I sat next to Finn and rubbed my thumb softly on his temple. I saw his eyes softly fluttered slightly open.

"Marceline?" he stuttered weakly.

"Yeah Hero?" I replied choking back tears. Seeing him so weak and in so much pain killed me.

"Marcy... I heard PB say that... that I might not... make it..." he said slowly. For the first time in all of my years of knowing Finn I saw great fear in his eyes.

"Shhhh. No...No that won't happen." I whispered to him rubbing his hair off his burning forehead.

"Well... I know it won't." He said strongly. "Because I want you to bite me and make me a vampire like you..." I looked at him sorta shocked.

"But Finn, I don-"

"No! You will." he interrupted. "For me. Please." he plead. For some reason I couldn't say no to the poor boy.

"Okay..." I sighed though I had no idea if I could actually do it.