Slowly But Surely

~Finn's POV~

After another week at home doing different therapy routine's with Marceline I have gotten all my important memories back. Especially those of Marceline. I swear everyday I love her so much more. I'm so mad at what Princess Bubblegum did but at the same time it brought Marceline and me so much closer. I learned things about her that I never knew were even possible... I learned that beneath that tough exterior there is a girl that is amazing. On the inside she's loving, caring, patient, and persistent.

When she found out I lost my memory she had a complete breakdown, but minutes later she came back in the room strong and ready to do what ever it was going to take to help me recover. The recovery may have taken a month all together, but by glob she did it. I had a lot of different doctors and nurses while in the hospital, but I could always count on Marceline to be there. She was my only constant... She came to the hospital every day as soon as she could to be there for me. Then left long after I had gone to sleep for the night (technically day seeing as how we are vampires and our night is everyone else's day).

I heard soft snores coming from under my chin and looked down to see Marceline asleep in my arms. She had fallen asleep on my chest most of the nights this week. I rub her back softly feeling her chest rise and fall as she breathes and I softly kiss her forehead feeling the smooth skin under my lips. Marceline and I decided to start taking things slow. Neither of us felt we rushed into this, but with everything that happened recently we didn't want to rush any farther than what we were completely comfortable with.

While rubbing her back I felt a bump and lifted her shirt up slightly so I could feel the skin. I found a blotchy, bumpy scar and started to wonder where it had come from... I started to think about what might have happened to her in the past. Maybe someone hurt her, I thought. She did fight with Ash a lot... Come to think of it I honestly don't know much of Marceline's past. With ex-boyfriends and such at least. Though, now that I think about it, every time I would lean in to kiss her she would tense or slightly flinch, I never completely realized it until now... I started to feel a little angry thinking about the posibilitys of what could have happened to her and after awhile I decided to stop working myself up about it. Maybe I'll slip in some questions sometime... Though right now I felt my eyelids become heavy and start to droop. So I closed them and cuddled my Marceline as I dozed to sleep.