"Good morning Frypan!", I call out cheerfully. He looks up and waves at me.

"Morning Rosa. Someone's in a good mood today." he replies, while wrapping some sandwiches and putting them in a paper bag.

"Well of course I am! I finally get to see what's out there!" I say animatedly. He just laughs at my excitement and continues packing the rest of the sandwiches. "Do you know where Newt, Minho, George and Alby are? They should be up by now."

"Yeah they are awake. They are probably sorting some things out at the storage room. Since you are going there, can you tell them that their lunch is ready?"he asks and give him a thumbs up while I run towards the storage room. Just as I am about to reach there, I painfully collide with someone, and the force of the collision knocks me to the ground. 

I groan and I hear someone frantically say, "Bloody hell Rosa, are you alright?" I immediately recognise that voice, and look to see Newt looking at me with concerned eyes. Newt shakes his head at me as he extends his hand, and like a gentleman, pulls me up. 

"I'm fine" I say, dusting myself. "I was just really excited to start so I ran. It's mistake really. I'm so sorry. I hope you didn't get hurt." I look down, slightly embarrassed from the incident. However, I hear him lightly laugh, and look up to see his kind face soften as he looks at me.

"It's no problem, love" he replies. "Shall we get going then?" he asks and I nod. I realise that he has a funny way of talking, quite different from the rest. An accent, I think. We walk towards the room and meet the other three boys there, with Minho and George holding several things in their hands.

"Hello Rosa. Nice of you to join us finally." says Minho, throwing a wicked smile at me. I playfully stick my tongue out him before turning to Alby.

"Frypan says that lunch is ready. So, are we ready to go?" I ask eagerly. Alby chuckles and lightly ruffles my hair. 

"Not quite yet. We just need to discuss some things before the four of you leave." he replies, and then turns to the rest of the boys present. "Alright, I think that you should divide into two groups, and one group goes through one of the openings and the other through another. All of you will be carrying a bag with your food and water, along with a notepad and pencil if you want to take notes. Be back about two hours before the sun sets, you don't want to risk being out there for the night yet. Are we clear?" We all nod in reply, and take our supplies, and Alby leaves to wake everyone else.

"So, I think George and I should partner up, which will leave you lovebirds together." says Minho, making both Newt and I blush.

"Shut up, Minho. We have known each other for just a few days!" I reply, trying hard to be calm. I don't know whether to get angry at him or just laugh at his absurdity, I think to myself.

"Yeah, whatever. See you guys in the evening. Try not to die!" he replies while jogging away with George. Newt just shakes his head and we go out of the Homestead and jog towards the opening at the west. Just as we are about to go in, we simultaneously look at each other for confirmation, and jog faster into the beyond.

........................................................................................................................

We have been running for almost three hours now, thus we stop to take a break. Newt's breathing is slightly unsteady, on the other hand I am barely worn out. I take my bottle of water out and take small sips, slowly rehydrating myself. 

"Not as interesting as you thought it would be, huh?" Newt asks, while taking out his own water. 

"I was expecting something dangerous, or even a way out." I reply in a slightly disheartened voice. "But all we have seen till now are towering walls everywhere covered in ivy, and a passage that just keeps on turning and getting nowhere!" I sit down, and half-heartedly take my sandwich out. 

"Hey, don't be discouraged. We will figure out what this is from this maze of twisted passages!" At his words, I stop unwrapping my sandwich and quickly look at Newt. 

"What did you just say?" I ask urgently, startling him with my tone.

"A maze of twisted passages?" he says doubtfully, unsure of where I was getting at. A maze of twisted passages...a maze...What if this is maze?! I think as I frantically reach for my notepad and find the page where I had drawn the route we had been jogging on. Realisation floods into my brain and I run to Newt, giving him a tight hug.

"Newt you are amazing! You did it!" I scream into his ear and he pulls me away, looking extremely confused. He is probably questioning my sanity now.

"Rosa, what are you even talking about?"

"What if it's a maze?"

Author's Note

Andddd Chapter 5 is over! I know it is sightly long, but I couldn't resist describing Rosa's reactions to every job. So, Rosa has figured out the they are in a Maze! How do you think the boys will react to that? 

One of the writers whose stories I love and advised me to ask 'Question of the day' (QOTD) and I really liked the idea of it, so at the end of each author's note I will ask a question and answer it, and you can answer in the comments!

QOTD: Where are you from? (I know it's a basic question, but I am quite curious about it)

Answer: I am from India, but for almost one and a half years I have been living in a small island called Malta, that is close to Italy. 

Hope you are enjoying the story so far!!