CHAPTER 2

Time had flown by so quickly in the forest that I had not even noticed that it was already late afternoon. The field is eerily silent as the blonde and I walk back towards the place where we had woken up. Since I don't know this boy's name, I will just call him Blondie for now, I decide. The boys seem to relatively calm, and they are just sitting in the grass with a dejected look on their faces. For some strange reason, it breaks my heart to see them so lost and scared, and I feel an urge to comfort them, despite the fact that I don't know any of them. At the distance, I see a closed metal gate on the ground, and curiosity arises within me. I glance at Blondie and he does the same, giving me a small nod before walking towards the metal gate. The rest of the boys stare at us as we walk, but my curiosity is too strong to be bothered by them. 

"Wait!" a boy shouts as I bend to open the gate. "Don't touch it" he orders. I look at him, confused. He has dark skin and seems to be the least frightened and most collected person out of the rest.

"Why not?" I reply. "There could be something that could help us beneath this gates."

"Or there could be something dangerous, that could make this situation worse than it already is." he retorts, walking towards us. I feel Blondie lightly pull me behind him, shielding me with his body. He is trying to protect me from the dark-skinned boy, I realise. 

"Well, we won't know what is there unless we open the gate, will we?" Blondie asks, speaking in a calm voice to not provoke the boy now in front of us. Realisation hits the boy, and he just shrugs in answer to Blondie's question. I feel relieved, knowing that we may have gained the trust of another boy here. We three stand near the metal gates, and the two boys open them, revealing a huge metal box. A box filled we supplies of all kinds. I lean into the opening of the box and see sleeping bags, hammocks, canned food, gardening and building tools, clothes and other boxes. I stare at all the things, astonished, and look back to see the two boys with similar looks on their faces. 

"I think it's safe to say that this proves one thing." I say, sighing. The boys stare at me, confused. "We were sent here by someone," I say in answer, "and whoever they are, they certainly want us to live and survive here. For what reason, I have no idea."

........................................................................................................................

Within the next hours, we have taken out most of the supplies from the Box. We decided to just call it the Box, as it seemed to be as good a name as any. Two other boys started helping us, one a muscular Asian boy and the other with blond hair and crazy eyebrows. The rest of the boys just stared at us or else were drowning in their own thoughts. After emptying the Box, the dark-skinned boy walks towards the rest of the boys. 

"Ok everyone listen up!" he calls out. Some boys who were staring at us before look at him, while the others just ignore him. I walk towards them and stand beside the dark-skinned teen. 

"Boys, LISTEN UP!" I shout on the top of my voice. I smirk as I see some of them jump, startled by hearing me shout. At least I got everyone's attention. I nod at the boy next to me, signalling him to go on. I recognised that this boy has the potential to lead us, and create a community with order. He gives me a small smile as a gesture of gratitude and continues. 

"Look, I know you are scared because we don't remember any crap about our lives, but now there is nothing we can do about it. We were sent here by someone for some reason, but that doesn't matter now. All I know is that we have to survive and make the best out of this place. Are you all on this with me?" The boys murmur among themselves, mostly in agreement, and I feel my heart fill with hope. 

"Ok then. It looks like all of you do have the will to survive. So I'm going to divide you all into four groups and each group is going to explore and examine four parts of this field." the dark-skinned boy orders. He divides the boys and sends them off, and comes back to me and three boys sitting near. 

"Good job in getting their attention", he tells me and I give him a smile. The Asian teen laughs loudly. 

"I think she did it too well." he chuckles. "I swear I thought my ears were going to start bleeding at how fuc-"

"Do you have to swear in every sentence you say?" Blondie interrupts, frowning. I laugh and ruffle his hair.

"Aww, looks like little, innocent Blondie doesn't like profanities, does he?" The teen blushes and the boys laugh at him. Blondie swats my hand away from his hair. 

" Seriously? Blondie? You couldn't have come up with a more creative name?" he teases, slightly shoving me. 

"Do you think we will ever remember anything?" the dark-skinned boy suddenly asks, his face suddenly serious. The smiles from are face are wiped away almost instantly, and we ponder over this thought. Will I ever remember my past life, or even my name?  I wonder when the bulky Asian replies.

"Well I know that if we don't remember I will call you Unicorn and this girl over here Banshee!" he says, causing us to laugh again. Maybe we will be alright here. Maybe it won't be as bad as I thought, I think as I realise that these boys can become my friends and how eventually we will trust one another. My body fills with happiness as I look at the sunset, no longer scared about our time here within these walls.

Author's Note

Looks like everyone is finally accepting their fate and starting to work things out! I know that book and movie fans know who are the new three boys the girl made friends with are! If you don't, I'm going to reveal everyone's names next chapter! Things are going to start getting interesting the next chapter....

Let me know how you feel about the story so far in the comments!