17 // not so blank disc.

Start from the beginning

"Did you take your vitamins today?" she asked.

"It's at the top of my to do list every morning. I never forget!" I reassured her. I closed the front door and took a seat on the kitchen stool.

"Hmm, I'm not sure what it is, but it looks nice so far," Shawna admired the scrambled canvases laid on the floor.

"Thank you."

She nodded and looked around the house.

"So, where are you off to?" I asked, motioning to her purse.

"We have a doctors appointment today," she smiled brightly.

"Really? I don't remember there being one today. Maybe you're mistaken for the one we have scheduled for next week?" I reminded her. I had everything written down and memorized to a T with this pregnancy. She must have gotten the dates mixed up.

"Actually, I called Dr. Morris and asked him if it was okay to move the appointment up a week."

"Oh really?" I replied. "What did he say?"

"He said it was perfectly fine," Shawna exclaimed, looking like a ball of excitement. "Obviously he knew it's because i'm very eager to find out the sex of the baby. He was more than okay with doing it today."

"Oh, that's great," I replied with an honest smile. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't anxious to find out what was growing inside of me. Obviously a baby, but the gender.

"Isn't it? Okay now go get ready. Warren and I will be in the car waiting," she said, shooing me off in the direction of my room.

I dashed into my room as fast as my pregnant body would allow me. It had been a busy morning with painting, so I decided to jump into the shower.

When I was dressed in a white shirt and dark shorts, I rounded the house and found Wrens running car sitting in the driveway with both of them inside.

I settled myself into the backseat of the black Impala and clicked on my seat belt.

"Good afternoon, Lesra," Wren greeted. He turned around in his seat and flashed me a smile. I stared right into his hazel eyes.

"Umm, same to you," I murmured with a slight nod of my head before looking away.

He turned back around and began backing out of the driveway.

We made it to the hospital and while Shawna walked up to the counter to check in, Wren and I found ourselves some seats in the waiting room. The place was busy as usual; pregnant women and babies were everywhere.

"Are you excited?" I asked Wren once we had settled ourselves onto the blue cushioned chairs.

"Excited about what?" He questioned, leaning his head back on the white wall behind him.

"To find out if you're having a boy or girl," I replied, resting my purse on the floor beside my legs.

He shrugged. "I'm excited. Not as excited as Shawna," he said with a chuckle.

We both looked over at the red head who was waiting in the check in line. As if she could feel us watching her, she whipped her head towards us and waved. I returned the favor with a small smile while Wren waved back.

"I wanted the gender reveal to be a surprise until the baby was born, but who am I when it comes to voicing my opinions?" he scoffed.

I nodded my head and looked down at my hands. "So what do you think it'll be?"

"Umm," he murmured from beside me. "I don't know. Maybe a boy? It would be cool to have a mini replica of me running around the place, you know?"

"What if it's a mini replica of Shawna running around the place?"