Why

“...So, do you think we should this section?”

“Yeah, sure, whatever.”

Mykie sighed. “Alright.” Working with Zoe was already proving to be tons of fun. She didn’t really offer any actual input, and just kinda went with whatever Mykie suggested.

Eh, at least it was better than her vehemently rejecting everything she suggested.

And she had only said two things to her that were slightly rude so far. Which was pretty surprising, considering the last time she talked to her she immediately said “You look like a lesbian.” in a super disgusted voice while hanging off of her stupid boy toy. Mykie wasn’t even sure what his name was. Gar? She didn’t really care. She just called him Gold, since it was the only color he seemed to wear.

Now that Mykie thought about it, she was pretty sure that Zoe was the only popular person in school whose actual name she knew. She just gave everyone else some dumb nickname.

There was the boy that always wore all white and was late to literally everything, she called him the White Rabbit. Then there was that big tall guy with the black hair and red eyes, whom she called Nightmare. And the blonde one that looked like a 1950s pin-up girl, she nicknamed her Funtime Chica… oh wait, she did know the actual name of another popular kid. She nearly forgot about her douchebag stepbrother Foxy. Whoopsies.

“So, do you want to work on the written portion, or the diagram?”

“Doesn’t matter.”

“Uh… then I guess you can do the diagram. I’ll do the written portion.”

“Alright.”

As they worked on the project, Zoe started doing that thing again.

That thing where she kept looking at Mykie for no reason.

Had she been doing that for a while and she had just never noticed? And if so, why?

Mykie literally could not think of a reason.

“Are you like, okay?”

“What do you mean?”

“You keep looking over at me. Did someone draw a dick on my face without me noticing?”

“No- yes, no! I mean, I wasn’t looking at you!”

Oookkkkaaayyyyy…

“Whatever you say.”

Man, she was being weird.