confined

**show jingle; commercial gap

"Rj, okay ka lang?" the floor director came up to Rj to take the mic from him. Rj was about to leave the stage to get ready for the next segment.

"Ha?" Rj is distracted. He had danced up a storm during the show's opening spiel. Not really unusual as he was his 'normal' hyper self but somehow, he was more hyper than usual. He looked like a kid on sugar rush; jumping up and down and moving while just standing in place.

"Okay ka lang ba?"

"Ah..o..o...oo" Rj walked off stage and pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"...pick up, hon....pick up..." Rj said to himself as he held the phone to his ear. His stylist buttoned up Rj's shirt and checked on Rj's over all look. "....ma....tumawag ba sa yo?"

"Sino?"

"Si Meng...tumawag na ba sa yo?"

"Hindi...hindi pa tumatawag" Rj's assistant checks her phones as well as Rj's spare phones. "Si Sam lang...pero andito na sya o...aalis tayo by 1:00pm..."

Rj just let the words pass him. He wasn't concentrating on what was being said. He paced back and forth and tried calling her again...and again. She still didn't pick up. Just when his segment was up, his phone rang. It was her.

"Ma! Kamusta ka na? How are you feeling? Are you okay? Have you eaten? Di ka na sumuka or banyo?" Rj rattled off.

"Babe...wait...wait...ang dami mong tanong...yes, I'm a little better now..."

"A little...?"

"But you have to..."

"I know...I know...o teka, diba sasalang ka na?"

"Ha? Ah...I just wanted to check on you..."

"I'm fine...I'm fine...sige na, work ka na....I'll watch you..."

"I love you. Take care, Mahal ko..."

"I love you, too"

Rj still tried to function as normally as he could. Although he seemed slightly robotic, he tried his best to act and look normal as he could. He rushed to the hospital as soon as his work permitted.

"...did you drink your medicines na?"

"Hmm..." she smiled weakly.

"Don't hide it from me...alam ko..."