“So, I didn’t know modified potato guns were allowed in capture the flag.” I commented sarcastically.

               For an instant, no one spoke as all eyes went to Banks and Marko. Banks didn’t bother to turn and acknowledge we’d spoken to him, and Marko seemed bent on acting as if he didn’t know what we were talking about.

               “I don’t understand. What are you trying to imply? We got that flag up there fair and square,” Marko lied stiffly.

               “Bullshit!” Finn retorted.

               “Yeah, just how dumb do you think we are?” Randi added.

               “Do you really want me to answer that?” Marko said; sneering. Billy, who was sitting next to him, chuckled and elbowed Howard and Samantha. Great. Nothing good could come from those two groups getting to know each other.

               “Well, it’s not like it matters.” Dan spoke up. “We won anyway, cheating aside, you never had a chance.” His words hit their goal, and I saw their smiles disappear as they frowned dejectedly.

               “I still can’t believe you rode the coaster.” Biff muttered in awe. “Dude, you are like my new hero.”

               “Don’t encourage him,” Randi sniffed angrily; still avoiding eye contact.

               “Yeah, don’t want him getting a big head now do we?” Dan laughed.

               I snorted and elbowed Dan playfully, then shook my head at Biff. “It was nothing. Really, I should’ve thought it through. I can’t say that was my brightest moment.”

               For an instant, Finn glanced at Biff and Jude, and then they all broke out in laughter.

               “No way man, if you’d paused to think it through it wouldn’t have been the same.” Jude said as he extended a hand. “I don’t think we’ve properly met. I’m Jude, and this big guy is Biff.” He said as he nodded his head at his companion. “And I think you already know Finn, right?”

               I nodded, and then shook their hands. “I’m Sage.”

               “I remember who you are,” Biff said. “You managed to get on the train first after the choosing ceremony. You were the two candor transfers, right?” He shifted to look at Dan who nodded.

               “Yeah, that’s us.” I acknowledged.

               “Nicely done, and you were also first jumper huh.” Jude added as he leaned back.

               I was beginning to get uncomfortable with all the sudden attention. I shrugged, and then nodded. “Yeah, but again, don’t be impressed. I didn’t think things through any of those times. Honestly, I was just sort of flying by the seat of my pants and hoping I wouldn’t completely mess up.”

               “Don’t be so modest, it doesn’t suit you.” Finn chided jokingly.

               “Okay then.” I said as I tried my best to appear adult-ish and composed. “I’m completely and utterly amazing. You mere mortals should feel honored to be in my very presence. Now, bow before me.”

               Loud laughter and hoots echoed in the train’s cabin, and I received a series of congratulatory punches from those around me. The adrenaline had been steadily ebbing away, and I was starting to feel the after effects of my free fall. My left arm was starting to gradually throb, and the lower part of my back was beginning to ache. I didn’t protest though.