Part 4 - Isn't this love?

Malhotra Mansion 7 pm
Since Raj and Nyonika were out of the town for a few days for a business event, Fab5 had decided to meet at Manik's place at 8 pm to party the night out. It was their tradition to start every semester of university by drinking and partying like crazy together.

Alya reaches Manik's place earlier than planned to spend some alone time with him. She enters his room to find him taking a nap on his huge bed. She smiles seeing his cute sleepy face and sits next to him on the bed. She lightly runs her hand on his hair which wakes him up from his slumber. Seeing her face, he gives a big smile and pulls her on top of himself , completely engulfing her in his arms. "Why are you here so early baby, not that I am complaining!". She chuckles at his response "I just want to spend some moments alone with my boyfriend, who doesn't seem to have any time for me lately". Flipping their position, he crushes her under his weight and in a husky voice whispers near her ear "well then it's my duty to see that my beautiful girlfriend has no complaints". Then he slams his lips on her and they kiss each other passionately forgetting everything else around. Breaking the kiss for some air, she whispers "I love you so much baby", staring into his eyes. He replies "I love you too" with a smile. But she smiles dejectedly because as always, she could not see the same intensity of love and passion in his eyes that she has for him. Even though Manik has verbally said he loves her countless of times in their 3 years together, somewhere she feels that his eyes don't reflect the same. She knows that he truly cares for her and wants to see her happy, which he expresses through his actions time and again. Now she has made her peace with this fact as she believes that her love is enough for the both of them. However, deep down in her heart, she is afraid and insecure, what if there is someone who will evoke such feelings in his heart. She never wants that day and that person to come in his life...

——————
Soon Cabir, Dhruv and Mukti reach Malhotra mansion and start shouting "Manik where are you! Come down yaar, let's get the party started". Manik and Alya descend down the stairs holding hands. Cabir chuckles "ohh that's why you were taking so long to come down. You should have told us. We would have come late, you know" giving Manik a playful smirk. "Shut up Cabirrr" comes Manik's reply giving him an eye roll. Mukti adds "aww you guys are so cute. Made for each other"

Manik - ok enough guys. Let's get the booze out and get this party started.

They all move to Manik's bar and start drinking some tequila shots, followed by some champagne and finally some more shots. The loud music complimented their mood and they dance like crazy. After an hour long dancing session, they are all seated on the couch dead tired and drunk.

Mukti - so what fun are we having with that fresher tomorrow?

Alya - yes Mukti, we have to teach her a lesson for talking back to fab5.

Dhruv - guys she seems like a nice girl. Don't trouble her.

Manik - come on buddy. What's life without a little fun. She dared to speak back to us, FAB5, no one has ever done that before. She needs to be taught never to mess with FAB5.

Cabir - true that Manik!!

Then the Fab4 start planning all the ways they can torture her, while Dhruv just sits there quietly. After some more booze, some dancing, some food and some more booze again, they finally decide to end the day around midnight. Mukti and Cabir have just passed out on the sofa while Dhruv goes to Manik's guest room to sleep. Saying goodnight to everyone, Alya and Manik also head to Manik's bedroom.

As soon as they reach his bedroom, Alya starts kissing Manik with such intensity that they fall on his bed, with Alya on top. Manik replies with the same intensity and starts undressing her. He finally claims her and she moans his name in pleasure. After their heavy make out session, Alya whispers "I love you Manik" and she sleeps placing her head on his chest. Manik tried to sleep closing his eyes but sleep was far away from him. He suddenly hears "I love you so much Manik, but do you really love me?" and turns to Alya to find her talking in her sleep. Her questions makes him ponder over his feelings and takes him back to 3 years ago, when Alya proposed her feelings to him and asked him out on a date. He has been friends with Fab5 for the last 15 years and they are family to him. When Alya asked him out, he was unable to say no to her because he did not want to hurt her. She was one of his best friends and if saying yes would bring a smile to her face, he would happily do it. Somewhere deep down, he believed that friendship is what it takes to build a strong relationship as his parents were best friends before they got married and lived happily ever after. Over the 3 years that they were together, his friendship with Alya has become stronger and he cares for her a lot and wants to see her happy always. "She is one of my best friends, who I care about    and want to protect from all the sadness. Isn't this how love is supposed to feel like?"