Part 3 - What did I get myself into?

After Fab5 left, all the eyes present there were staring at Nandini, some feeling sorry for her and some giving her mean looks for messing with the Fab5.

Navya - Nandu, what have you done? You risked yourself to save me.

Nandini - Navya, you are my best friend. How could I let you go through that torture in front of my eyes. I don't regret anything, in fact I would do it again to save you.

Navya - awww Nandu thank you so much. You are my bestesttt friend. Don't worry, I will always be there for you. We will face those horrible people together.

Nandini - how can someone be so mean, I don't understand. They are so heartless, how could they do that. I am scared Navya, what if I get expelled from university, after all it belongs to Manik's parents. Aiyappa, help me please.

Navya - matarani pe bharosa rakho Nandu. And Nyonika mam seemed like a nice lady. She won't expel you for no fault of yours.

Nandini - I hope so Navya. I really do.

Navya - let's go attend the lectures. We will think about what to do with Fab5 later.

The whole day passed in a blur for Nandini. After being tagged as the Fab5 target, no one was willing to talk to her out of fear and the new friends she made earlier also avoided her. She could not concentrate on anything at all. The first day of college finally ended. Nandini felt like it was the longest day of her life, not at all how she expected her first day of university to be. She reached home feeling tired after the emotionally draining day, all ready to crash in bed, hoping that it was a bad dream, which she will wake up from tomorrow. As soon as she opened the front door with her keys, her chacha and chachi shouted "congratulations Nandu" with a big chocolate cake on the table.

Chacha - you have made us so proud Nandu beta. I am sure that you will achieve much more than this, this is just the beginning.

Chachi - haan Nandu. We are so happy and proud of you, my cutie pie. If your parents were here today, they would have been so happy.

Seeing all the love and care from her parents like chacha and chachi, Nandini breaks down hugging her chachi and starts tearing up, unable to contain her emotions.

Chachi- Areeee  Nandu, why are you crying beta. You should be happy. It's such a big day for you today.

Nandini just tells them the half truth  "bus amma appa ki yaad aarahi hai", as she does not want to worry her chacha and chachi about today's incident .

Chacha whispers placing his one hand on her head and other pointing to her heart "they are always there with you, right there". This brings a small smile to Nandini's face.

Chachi - chalo chalo let's cut the cake. I made this with my own hands. I promise I followed the exact same recipe from the internet, no new inventions of my own.

Nandini and chacha giggle at her statement, remembering how dangerous it has proved to their health in the past trying chachi's inventions.

Nandini with a smile on her face "you are the best chachi. I love you". Nandini then cuts the cake, feeds her chacha chachi and takes a big slice for herself in a plate as it's her favourite cake in the world.

Chachi - ohh I forgot to ask, how was your first day. Did you make any new friends? Were the people there nice to you? What about your lectures?

Nandini, amused with her chachi's excitement, says "chachi relax relax, one question at a time". She could not bring herself to tell them the truth and worry them, so she lies saying "university was so awesome. Everyone was really nice to me. And Navya is also there with me, so you don't need to worry"

After having dinner and spending some quality time with her chacha and chachi, talking and laughing, Nandini is finally in her bed ready to sleep but sleep is far far away from her eyes. She is continuously replaying today's incidents in her mind, thinking "WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO?"

———————