Part 2 - First encounter

All the freshers and seniors  are gathered in the auditorium, some with excitement for their college journey ahead, some with nervousness and some with happy dreams for their bright future. The principle starts with his speech welcoming everyone, congratulating them for getting admission in this prestigious university and wishing them best of luck for their future in Space. He then introduces the trustee of Space, Nyonika Malhotra.
Nyonika - Welcome my dear students. First of all I would like to congratulate the new faces for making it to Space with their hard work and dedication. And to the seniors, welcome back. I hope you all welcome the freshers  with a big heart and help them adapt to this environment.

At the same time, Fab 5 enter the auditorium in attitude and everyone is staring at the coolest group of Space in awe.

Manik - Don't worry Mrs. Malhotra. We will welcome them very well and see that no one faces any trouble (with a smirk).

Nyonika (knowing her son very well) - I really do hope so Manik. I don't want to hear any complaints from anyone. There is a welcome party for everyone this Friday. Please do come so you can get to know everyone well. And lastly, best of luck to everyone, keep working hard and make Space proud with your achievements.

The principle and Nyonika leave auditorium after the speech. Knowing her son very well, she texts Manik - "Manik please don't trouble anyone, ok, my dear son!! I don't want to hear any complaints about you and your friends"
Manik - "Mum, I told you not to worry. I will just have a little fun. Nothing much. Love you"
Knowing her son will not listen to her like every year, she gives a defeated sigh. Manik was their only son, who was born after many prayers, so she and Raj loved him so much, fulfilling his every wish that he was a bit spoilt. But she also knew that her son has a golden heart and can not do any harm to anyone. Deep in her heart, she had a hope that there will be someone, who will enter his life like a shining star and guide him in the right path. Until then, she has to keep up with her spoilt son. She messages him love you beta and goes back to her office.

———————

Soon after the principle and Nyonika left, Nandini, Navya and everyone else are about to leave the auditorium. Fab5 move to the centre stage and give a mischievous look to each other. Manik, holding the mike, starts speaking, halting everyone's step "hello all freshers. We would like to give you our little Space welcome, so no one and I mean no one can leave this auditorium before we finish. If anyone tries to sneak out, they will be our next target, just remember that. So let's start. What do you think we should do this year, Cabir?"

Girl 3 - That's Manik and his Fab5. Omg what are they gonna do to us now?

Navya - matarani, please save us!!

Nandini too is scared because all she wants to do is to study and get through the 3 years of college without getting into any trouble. She comes from a middle class family, her chacha and chachi, who love her like their own daughter, have worked very hard to send her to this college. So getting into trouble with these rich kids is the last thing on her mind. She has always been the obedient, shy and sweet kid, teacher's favourite student at school and never got into any fights with anyone. She is praying to her Aiyappa to save her and Navya from Fab5. As Manik starts speaking, she looks in his direction with nervousness.

Cabir - "hmmmm...Manik, the first day of new semester is so dull yaar. I want some kind of entertainment. I am so bored"

Mukti - you are right Cabir. Let's spice up this day. I want each fresher to come up on stage and show us their talent!!

Manik "you heard Mukti. What are all you waiting for?". Pointing at a boy, he says "let's start with you. Come up on stage"

Meanwhile, Dhruv is just sitting quite in one corner staying far away from his friend's drama. He never enjoyed such things and was always on standby, if things ever went wrong. But he knew that his friends would not hurt anyone, so he was relaxed. On the other hand, Alya was just giggling standing with Manik, holding on to this arm.

And so they start their session. Each fresher, turn by turn, come up on stage and do what they are asked to by Fab5. They make some students dance, some sing, while some act with funny dialogues.

Now it's Navya's turn to go up on stage, who is in front of Nandini. Remembering her Matarani, she goes up on stage with nervousness all across her face.

Looking at her 2 plaits and the way she dressed up, Fab5 bursts into laughter. Cabir asks her "Madhubala ji aapka naam kya hai"

Navya whispers "ji Navya".

Cabir - toh aap hamare liye kya karengi?

Navya - ji I can sing for you! I am a pretty good singer.

Alya - I am bored of all the singing and dancing now. I want you to do something else! How about you kiss that boy over there!

Navya, who has never kissed or had any boyfriend ever, with a shocked expression on her face tells her she can't do that.

Alya - you behen ji, how dare you deny me!! You have to do it or else be ready for the consequences.

Mukti - suna na tumne Miss Navya. If Alya wants you to do it, you have to do it. Come on it's no big deal, just a kiss on the lips. Ajkal toh sab log karte hai. Don't try to act so innocent!! Hurry up we don't have time.

Navya starts crying. She is in a dilemma. She does not want her first kiss to be with a random guy but she is very scared of Fab5. She slowly starts moving towards the guy with tears in her eyes.

Nandini sees all this drama unfolding in front of her eyes, she can't see her best friend, her soul sister going through all this. She knows what dreams Navya had about her first kiss and she will be crushed if she kisses the guy today. She remember her parents telling her "Nandu, don't let anything wrong happen to yourself and others. You are my brave child. Have courage to fight the wrong. Kindness always wins in the end". And despite being scared herself and after taking Aiyapp's name numerous times, she shouts "STOP" as the boy is about to kiss Navya.

Manik and Fab5 look in Nandini's direction. This was the first time Manik's eyes met Nandini's and found a strange warmth in them. Nandini says "stop" again, which breaks Manik's trance.

Manik with anger in his eyes asks her "who the hell are you to say stop. This stops when we say stop. We have not given you any authority to interfere in our matters"

Nandini with tears in her eyes says "please don't make her do this"

Alya - shut up behen ji. I don't understand these people. It's just a kiss. Why are they acting so sati savitri, when behind the closed doors, they all act like sluts.

Hearing the word "slut", Nandini loses her last bit of fear and decides to give it back to them "you guys are such monsters, disgusting human beings. It may be just a kiss for you so called high class people, but for us IT IS a big deal"

Manik - how dare you talk back to us. We were going easy on you all, but now we will show you what real monsters are. So are you sure you want to save your friend?

Nandini with determination in her voice says "YES"

Manik - ok then miss whatever your name is. Be prepared. I will be nice to you today and give you a day off. But from tomorrow, WELCOME TO HELL! Let's go guys. Our target is locked. It's going to be a fun year!!

Giving one last look to Nandini, he moves out of the auditorium followed by Fab5, while Nandini stands rooted to her place, thinking about what she just did.

———————