"I always planned to go to college after I graduated high school." I said quickly.

He clenched his jaw and sighed deeply. "You know that can't happen right?"

"B-but why?" I balled my hands into fists, angry that he thought he could ruin my plans.

"Parmus please... you're going to be my Female one day."

"But why can't I do both?" I didn't understand why he was making this into a big deal. Yes, I'd be gone for a couple of years for schooling, but he had gone years without me already so what difference would it make.

"Because I said so!" He snapped, causing me to flinch. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. "Look I don't mean to upset you or crush your dreams but I need you here. Please understand." He pleaded as he eyes studied mine.

I shook my head defiantly. "I don't want to talk about it anymore." He nodded then dropped his gaze to his uneaten food. A few seconds later he stood and left without another word.

Sighing, I collected my things and headed to my room.

So much was going through my mind the moment my head hit my pillow, that I just knew I would have another restless night.

***

The rest of the week went on in a consistent pattern. I would wake up, endure several hours of school, train with Carter (aka move rocks), and off to bed. The only difference was that Owen started back eating dinner with the pack while I stayed upstairs to eat. I was so nervous about meeting the pack as I was before. A few of the pack members already made an effort to introduce themselves to me.

It was Friday afternoon and I had just pulled into the pack's garage. I had been driving the BMW all week, but I still missed my Nissan. Nonetheless, I was happy to even have a car to drive. I liked driving, it was a good way to clear my mind. Sometimes I had gotten so lost in my thoughts, I didn't understand how I made it to my destination. Which could be pretty scary.

Owen's sister and her family would be arriving in a few hours so I was beyond nervous. We were having dinner at his parent's again, which I didn't mind. Jill had been making my lunch for me every day and I felt incredibly thankful. I couldn't wait to see her again.

I sighed in relief as the warm air from the heater hit my face after I entered the pack house. The temperature was slowly dropping and as soon as I pulled into the garage it started raining. I was just glad I had successfully avoided the rain.

Esther told me it was most likely going to snow and I was beyond excited to witness it. The last time I saw snow was when I was eight. It wasn't even enough to build a snowman, but I was still filled with joy as the snow covered my front yard.

I quickly changed out of my bundle clothes and into my athletic wear. After I tied the laces of my black sneakers I headed towards the gym.

Carter wasn't in the gym when I entered, which was a first since he was always ready to tell me how late I was. I sat on the edge of the ring and set up my music playlist while I waited. A few minutes later the doors to the gym opened. "You're late." I said, mimicking the greeting he gave to me every day this week.

"Yeah, whatever. I had to break up a fight at the high school. You juveniles are ruthless." He took a seat next to me then ran his hand through his hair.

"Boys or girls?" I asked, curious about who exactly was fighting.

"Two girls. Y'all are vicious." He shuddered as he thought about the scene he had to endure. I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I had seen two girl fights in my time. One was so crazy that there were hair extensions flying everywhere. It was just a whole mess.

"Okay kid, get to moving those rocks." And just like that, Carter's guard was back up. This had gone on and on all week. I could tell he enjoyed my company, but whenever we would get a little close he would remind himself what pack I came from. Most people did, I was used to it at this point. I could count on my hand the number of people who didn't let such things affect our relationship. But it didn't matter in the end, I liked staying to myself anyway.

I blasted Post Malone through my earbuds as I began to move the rocks. My arms were sore and screaming for me to stop but I pushed forward, wanting to feel accomplished.

I had been moving the rocks for a good hour when Carter tapped my shoulder. Removing my earbuds, I turned to face him. "We start sparring tomorrow morning." I knitted my eyebrows. "I have to train on Saturday's too?" The weekend was supposed to be chill days. Now I was being forced to train early in the morning.

"We're at war with your old pack and you could be challenged any day. You've got to learn this stuff Parmus and fast." I shuddered at the thought of me going against my old pack. I wasn't a fighter at all. It just wasn't something I was keen on.

"You don't think my old pack would try to kill me?" He tilted his head to the side as he studied my face. "I don't know, you tell me." His words caught me off guard as I shifted uncomfortably. "I'm not working with my old pack if that's what you think."

He shrugged then turned to walk away. "Okay."

Okay? That was it?

"You don't believe me." I moved my feet to catch up with him.

He turned around unexpectedly, causing me to take a step back. "Why do you care what I think?" I shrugged my shoulders, genuinely not knowing the answer to his question.

"You're a people pleaser." He stated.

"No I'm not." I was slightly offended that he thought he could analyze me from a couple of interactions.

He shook his head. "Just get back to work." He took his normal spot on the ring as he flipped through the TV channels.

After training, I saw Genevieve staring out the living room window as she sipped some type of red wine out of a wine glass. "Hey Genevieve." I said as I entered the living room.

"Hey. How was training?" She asked, not taking her eyes off whatever was out there.

"It was okay, same old." I stood next to her and followed her gaze.

Owen stood in front of the pack house as a black Escalade pulled up. The first ones out were two pups. Owen ruffled the girl's curly brown hair, slightly messing up her pigtails, then pulled the boy into a hug.

I noticed Genevieve tense as the passenger's side door opened revealing who I assumed was Owen's sister. She held herself with just as much confidence as her brother. Her blonde hair ran down her back in deep waves and her striking grey eyes lit up as they landed on her brother. She pulled her brother into a tight hug just as her mate began grabbing the bags out of the back.

Her mate looked just as intimidating as Owen, but I could tell he had an easy side to him as he stared lovingly at his mate. After getting the bags, he pulled Owen into a hug then started up a conversation.

Genevieve took a big swing of the wine in her glass, which had me glancing at her sideways. "Are you okay?" I asked.

She shook her head and forced a smile. "I'm fine Parmus, don't worry about me." I still sensed something was off, but I stayed silent.

"Okay well, I'm going to go take a shower." She nodded and I took that as my cue to leave.

My nerves were over the roof at that moment. Owen's sister was here, and from the reaction Genevieve gave off, it made me question this dinner more than I had before.

***

Song:
Intruxx Glass Animals