Chapter 4: The Start of Something New

"How did you come up with that conclusion that I was developing feelings for you?" He asked calmly.

"You've been so clingy for years. I thought you treat me more special than others. But I was wrong. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do this. Forget about it.... and forget about me." You said and you started packing your things.

"What did you say? Did you just said forget about you?" He was surprised with what you just said.

"Yes." Still packing your things.

"Yah! Are you crazy?! Why are you telling such things? It's impossible Jihyo. We've been friends since we were on our diapers and now you're saying that I should forget about you? It's not like we broke up as lovers." He explained.

"This is what I get for having this feeling for you. I'm sorry that you also have to suffer for this but we need to do this. What will happen after this? We will never be the same." You explained to him stopping packing for a while to finish your sentence.

"Jihyo, it's not easy to do this. I will pretend that I never heard it from you. Just please don't do this." He pleaded.

"What about me? You think I can still move and speak comfortably to you? No! And you think I can move on properly when you're around? No! Don't be too selfish Jinhwan."

He kept silent for a while.

"Ok. If that will make you happy, then go. Forget about me neither." And then he went out of the apartment and left you.

While he's out, you booked the latest flight (his mom will pay for it) going back to Jeju. After packing things, you went out without hesitation and left Jinhwan.

It was all my fault from the very beginning. Now your friendship was ruined and you got nothing to do with it now. It is very hard to leave the most important friend you had. And now, you'll be someone that I used to know. Until we met again.

No communication. No appearances. No meetings. He didn't even went home to Jeju for a year after you left him. He stayed in Seoul and started his training at YG since you left him.

One day after your graduation, you and Na Eun went to the beach to unwine. While seating on the sand, you both talked.

"Jihyo-ah, didn't Jinhwan congratulated you for graduating?" Na Eun asked.

"No. Why would he?" You answered her.

"It's been a year Jihyo. He was asking me about you lately."

"As if he cares about me."

"Even though you don't get to talk to him, he never forgot to ask me about you whenever he calls me." Na Eun explained.

"Na Eun-ah, we're here to unwine not to talk about that jerk. He's just nothing to me. And we will never be friends again. I know it was my fault and I'm sorry if our friendship has to suffer because of me."

"Does it really have to be? Well, you may consider thinking about it again. I won't force you anymore. Here, have some yogurt. It's so hot today." She offered you a yogurt to divert the conversation.

At your house...

This vacation, you are studying so much to prepare for the college qualifying exam. While your mother is cooking for lunch, she is watching the television. And it is Mix and match.

"Woah, daebak. Jinhwan has already reached his dreams. How's Jinhwan anyways? Can he manage your communication while filming?" She asked while cutting some radish.

"I don't talk to him anymore." You answered coldly.

"Why? Did something came up?" She asked.

"Well, it's been a long time so, I don't remember anymore eomma." And she just nodded.