Chapter 1- Adam's Coldness

Adam's pov

I woke up in at 7:00 am, Tasha sleeping next to me in my hotel room. Tasha isn't my girlfriend, she's just there whenever I need a good f*ck. I took a shower and dressed up in an Armani suit.

I, Adam Costello, CEO of Costello Group of Companies. I have a sharp jawline, well-trimmed beard, those killer eyes and charming smile which can cause girls to get on their knees for me. I sat in my Audi as my driver, Dave, took me to my office.

Every single person greeted me as I entered the office and I ignored them as usual. They are inferior to me and my employees so they don't deserve any respect.

"Sir, Marcus, Ace's Manager is here to have a meeting with you regarding the new project we just got," my personal assistant Stella told me.

Stella is a professional lady who never shows off too much skin or tries to flirt with me. She is always courteous and respectful and manages all my meetings, calls and interviews. But regardless, shes not my type.

"That stupid piece of shit thinks that I'll let go off this project, knowing how important it is for him? No chance," I said while smirking.

"Bro, did you see this. Front page of Times Magazine. I bet Ace got burnt when he saw this," my best friend and right hand Dylan spoke as he barged inside my office.

"Oh, hi Stella, you look gorgeous as always," Dylan commented as he noticed and eyed Stella who was in my office. Dylan has a crush on Stella since the day she joined my office but never asked her out. That's just one of the reasons why I am not mean to Stella. Stella blushed at his comment and smiled at him.

Dylan has been with me since high school. He works for me but he is the only person who doesn't call me sir and instead he calls me bro. He earned that position and our bond is stronger than blood. He's supported me through my hard times and he is the only person who can tolerate me. He's the only person who knows my past and all my secrets.

"Dylan, go flirt somewhere else. And where is the file of that project? I need it right now," I spoke with full authority.

I had just bagged a huge project due to which I was on the front page of most magazines and newspapers. It's common for me to be in newspapers. Once it was reported that Adam Costello doesn't know how to laugh, which is partially true. I always have a straight face and that is what keeps my business partners, employees and everyone else in line. Every other business man is terrified of me because I am short-tempered and only like things my way. I have a cold demeanour and I don't give a shit about it.

All of a sudden Tasha walks inside wearing her shortest dress and showing off too much skin. "Baby, you left so early this morning and last night was too tiring. Why didn't you wake me up? We could've had breakfast together and-"

"First of all, it's SIR. Second of all, how dare you enter my office without my permission. And thirdly, you're late. Now get out of my office," I interrupted her and kicked her out. She may be good in bed but she was brainless otherwise.

Stella laughed as Tasha walked out of the office but stopped as soon as I glared at her.

"Stella, tell Marcus I don't have time for him and tell me my schedule for today."

"Sir you have two meetings- one with Mr. Simons and the other with Mr. Riley. At 3:00pm and 8:00pm respectively."

Time passed quickly as I got done with all the meetings and now it was almost midnight. Suddenly my phone rang. I was annoyed when I saw that it was Alan calling me. "What do you want Alan?"

"Is that how you talk to your father?" Alan retorted.

Yes, he was my father but he never played the role of one.

"Come to the point"

"Your grandma is in the hospital. Visit her, she misses you"

As much as I hate Alan, my grandma was a nice lady. She lived far but often called. She was old and hospitalised here in Toronto.

"Fine, I'll go visit her," I said and was about to end the call-

"Don't forget her favourite roses," I heard Alan speak.

As I ended the call, I turned to Stella. "Tell Dave, get the car ready, I have to go somewhere."

"Sir do you want me to get you something?" Stella shivered.

"No, I'm going myself, it's a personal matter. You're dismissed." I spoke as I left my office.