Promises

I don't like making promises to people because I know most of the time I won't be able to keep them. I just don't like promises in general...like they are pretty much pointless. You can promise someone something and completely go back on that promise later. I made a promise that I wasn't going anywhere, but the reality of it is that I can't predict the future. I can't say I'm not going anywhere when even I don't know that. Shit I could die tomorrow for all I know, and It's a promise broken. I made promises that I wouldn't self harm, smoke, or drink anymore. Again it's a promise that will eventually be broken...if it hasn't already been. It physically hurts me to make promises that I know I most likely won't be able to keep. I'm not gonna promise someone that I'm not gonna become sad for some random reason because I don't know if I will or not. People can argue with me all they want and say that promises aren't stupid or pointless, that's their opinion. In my opinion, like I sad before, promises are pointless because all promises will eventually be broken. I say promises are pointless yet I still make them. This is because if I promise someone something, like I won't self-harm, it makes it to where they don't worry about me self-harming again. It hurts me to promise things like that though because again, like I said, I most likely will eventually break that promise. Anyways...the point of this is basically I hate promises and I find them stupid. Bye...