Chapter Six

Robyn's POV

Look, I know that maybe it's mean to look at other's failures to make you feel better. But I just couldn't help it.

Hey, I may not have my license yet but at least I graduated. I couldn't help but grin as I sat next to this Gold guy, trying to comfort him as best as my nursing ways could. It must be hard to almost have your dream job slip right past your fingers.

We were on a curb by some street named Nathan Road where a busy bizarre was having its usual day in front of us. Tall buildings stood around like a massive fortress as thousands of business people waltzed in and out of them.

I've never been in these parts of the nation before.

"You know, I was actually the best in my league,"

I nodded quietly as he began. He surely has narcissism. He soon went through a roller coaster of emotions like a girl at the peak of her PMS, he was angry at our abductors, then he was crying--okay maybe he didn't but he almost did for sure--because of some school he didn't graduate from and then he was laughing because his job fired him.

Well that made sense. I kind of felt bad for him. I tried to tell him to let it out but he just gave an awkward stern look. I wasn't much of a drinker but it might help this guy somehow. He needed to loosen up a bit more.

"Wanna go get drunk?" okay maybe that didn't make my intentions sound the way I wanted it to be.

"No thanks," he sighed, "I can't get drunk anyway. Come on, they're coming."

I hurried after him. I wanted to know what he meant by that but what seemed like a more important question to ask was: "Who is?"

"The Cleaners,"

I laughed as we entered the heavy throng of businessmen. "What are they gonna do? Soap us to death?"

"Well maybe not soap us, more of like gun and or knife us to death. Depends on how creative they are to get rid of us"

Whoa! What a horrible way to get fired. I kept pestering him to tell me why his company had to go kill him off when he hadn't even graduated yet? I know that didn't make sense but I asked it anyway. Maybe his answers will make some sense out of it.

Instead, he just kept quiet and grabbed a few more wallets right in front of me.

Damn, this guy's so evil! No wonder his Karma is so horrible! Maybe if he weren’t like this then none of this would happen. What had I done wrong to get into this mess?

I'm probably several days missing already. Isn't anyone looking for me? Shouldn't my parents have already gone sick worrying over their only child?

We walked into a tiny cafe that faintly reminded me of Starbucks. I was too famished to even care which cafe we went to. Gold headed for the counter to get us something to eat. I trudged towards an armchair sighing as I sank into its comfort.

My feet were killing me! Thank goodness he got me sneakers instead of listening to me when I said I wanted those killer red stilettos. I started when he tossed me a tiny brown paper bag and walked right through the exit.

Was he seriously trying to leave me alone? Was he actually ditching me? Using all my willpower, I pulled myself up and ran after him ignoring the way my feet complained in agony.

"Stop trying to leave me!" I squealed. I cleared my throat when he looked down at me, drowning me in with those scary chocolate eyes.

I realized that I only reached up to his shoulders. Either I was really small or this guy is too dang tall!