Once Upon a Rainy Day: chapter 4

Start from the beginning

All of the sudden, something fell into my lap. I looked down to the little piece of paper Harry had written on. I tried to stay serious and keep my cool, but I couldn't keep the smile off my face. I grabbed the paper and slowly unfolded it. "Hello" it read with a terrible drawing of... A dog I'm guessing? I laughed at the terribly drawn picture. I grabbed the red pen from my lap and wrote back to him. He was looking away when I was finished writing, so I took a chance and tried to aim at his lap. Maybe I should aim for his chest. Everyone knows that I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination. I'll just throw it and hope for the best.
I chucked it in his direction, but it did not land where I intended it to. It smacked him right in the cheek. He looked down to where it fell and began laughing hysterically.
I covered my mouth in shock with my eyes bulging out of my head, like Harry's were earlier. "Sorry!" I mouthed to him, not able to get actual sound out of my mouth. He continued to laugh at me as he unfolded the paper. I looked down, so embarrassed and a little scared that I'd hurt him.
"Central point" the lady on the speaker said. My stop already? I stood up out of my sweaty red chair and tried to keep my balance, not wanting to wake up the old man seated next to me.
I looked towards Harry. His eyes full of desperation; wanting me to stay with him and continue to play foolish little games with him.
I've got work to do Harry, I thought in my head. I gave him one last glance, soaking up all of his beauty for probably the last time. His green eyes seemed to darken when I turned away.

A soft tug on my hand pulled me back. Magic, shooting up his finger tips into the palm of my hand as he slipped our little paper into it. He squeezed my fingers one last time before letting go, leaving me breathless. My hand still seemed to tingle at the loss of his touch.
No, don't let go.
I made my way down the narrow walkway, onto the street where I peeled open the note to see if he'd added anything.
My fingers moved in slow motion while I wanted to scream at them to hurry up. Once the note was open, my face automatically heated up like a stove. I could feel my pours boil as I read, "I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. what's your name?" he had written. I was full out grinning like a kid sitting on Santa's lap by now. Beautiful? He thinks I'm beautiful? I'm not beautiful.. What is he saying? I squinted my eyes, trying to peer through the tinted windows, trying to get one last look. There he was. As perfect as ever. I waved my weak little hand that was barely able to move at all. He smiled back at me as the train sped away. "It's Brittney, my name is Brittney." I whispered to myself.

Oh boy, I'm in for one aren't I? I thought to myself as I walked towards my bakery. "Most beautiful girl I've ever seen," I repeated in my mind over and over. He says that to all the girls, I bet. There's no way that me, Brittney Ann Parker is the most beautiful girl Harry Styles has ever seen.

"Corner Bakery," I read the big sign hung up. Otherwise known as hell, I thought to myself.
I stepped into the loud bakery with people calling out orders, and bakers trying to yell over everyone else. I sighed, looking around at the tiny room that was clear full
"Brittney!" Adam yelled from behind the counter, "thank goodness you're here!" I waved my hand once, so he knew I had heard him. I walked slowly from the door to behind the counter. "That lady over there is waiting for a red velvet cupcake, but the problem is, Liz didn't put red velvet on the list for baking this morning so we don't have any!! What do I do?" He said hyperventilating.

"Adam, slow down everything is going to be fine." I smiled," just apologize and give her the rest of the red velvet cake bites we have in the back. And a free cookie for her wait." Adams shoulders dropped in relief as he rolled his head back.
"And this is why you get paid the big bucks. Thank you so much, Britt." Adam rushed away.
I went through the teal door leading me into the back room.

"Hey Britt! You finally made it! You know this place goes up in flames whenever you're not here!" Blaire laughed while rolling some cookie dough.

"Yeah I know, I just got a little distracted.." I sighed, pulling out the note from Harry. I smirked and put it back into my pocket.

"Excuse me," Blaire interrupted my thoughts, "what was that?" She pointed to the note I just put back in my pocket.

"Nothing?" I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh yeah right. Spill the beans. Why are you so smiley this morning? I've never seen you like this, this early in the morning!" Blaire scooted closer to me trying to snap her fingers in my pocket.

My mouth hung open while I jumped backwards so she couldn't reach my pocket.
"That is none of your business, young lady!" I laughed.

"We're the same age, Britt! You can't call me young lady! " She smiled back, still trying to get my pocket.
I started running around the kitchen, but my short legs didn't take me very far before she caught up to me and started tickling.

"Okay! Okay I'll tell you if you get off of me!" I laughed even more. She suddenly bounced right off of me and bounced on to the table and took a seat. "It's just a note some guy passed to me on the train this morning.."

"Oh my gosh! Was he cute? What does the note say? Did you get his number? Oh my gosh I can't believe you actually talked to a real boy!" She questioned me.

"Hey!" Adam suddenly appeared in the back, "I'm a real boy, and Brittney talks to me all the time!" Both me and Blaire burst out in laughter.

"Adam you don't count as a real boy! Now go on, Britt!" Blaire begged.

"Okay, technically we didn't talk.. And he was VERY cute. So cute, I couldn't really keep my eyes off of him..." I got lost in thought..

"Awwwww! Keep going!" She egged on.

"but no I didn't get his number. My stop came before I could ask him."

"So? What does the note say?" She bounced up and down on the table.

"Now that's my little secret." I smirked