Episode 20

13X20~Unfinished Business

While Jack was busy giving Mary the rundown on what happened with Balthazar, you placed an ice pack on your eye. You got a black eye from the fight, which Jack had insisted on healing it and you insisted on keeping it as a trophy. The ambush was unexpected, but luckily everyone was ready and Jack had killed Balthazar. Bobby had stayed back with the remaining survivors, 30 at the very least, and would be back in a few days.

"Y/N." Someone tapped on your shoulder, Jakob.

"Hey Jakob, what is it?" You asked, lowering the ice pack.

"We have word of Michael's fortress." He said.

Jakob had returned with news, according to the eyes outside Michael's fortress, that the angels were leaving. You raised a brow questionably as you scrambled to your feet and accompanied Jakob to look for Mary and Jack. Jakob stepped on a twig that immediately snapped, startling Mary that she pulled out her gun. Realising it was just the two of you, she kept it back.

Jakob proceeded to tell Mary and Jack the same thing he told you, with Jack asking the same question. "Why would they leave?"

Later that night, everyone gathered around the campfire as Jack used his powers to look into Michael's fortress.

"It's all empty." Jack declared, his answer surprising you.

"You're sure?" Mary asked.

"There are a few angels guarding the perimeter, but inside, they're gone." Jack explained.

"That makes no sense. Why would there be no one?" You asked.

"Maybe... Maybe he's scared." Jack suggested.

"We've been fighting Michael the better part for eight years. There is nothing he is scared of." Jakob insisted.

"He's scared of me." Jack said, forming a smile. "I'm winning."

"Jack-"

"I think we should go." Jack cut into Mary's words. "See if Michael left anything behind, something that can tell us, where he's gone, what he's planning."

"It could be a trap." You protested.

"It's all right. I'll keep you safe." Jack assured.

You had no desire to go back there, neither did Mary as she had much worse memories of the place. You appreciated Jack's confidence, but Michael's bound to lay a trap. Jack may have gotten a much better control of his powers, but that didn't mean you didn't have to worry about anything. Who knows what Michael has planned the second he gets his hands on Jack again. After much convincing, you took your pistol and angel blade.

Taking out the angels guarding the perimeter was easy, almost too easy. Jack seemed oblivious to the fact. You held your weapons tight as everyone entered the church. Like Jack said, it was empty.

You went with Jakob to check the warding as Mary and Jack looked around. A weird noise coming from the dungeon caught your attention. Curiosity got the better of you as you abandoned your group. Recognising the hallway that Michael had once dragged you and threw into the cell that had Mary and Jack brought back unsettling memories.

Naturally, the door was locked. There weren't any keys lying around so you just tried shooting the lock and ramming yourself through the door. Someone was in the cell, you almost shot him before he raised his hands in surrender.

"Jakob!" You yelled, still having your gun pointed at the prisoner. "Who are you?" You demanded. Something about his face looked familiar even though you never met him before. It's like you had seen a picture of him back in the bunker. Perhaps Sam and Dean had known this alternate version of him?