1. OPERATION: THAT TWILIGHT EXCUSE

Chapter One: Operation "That Twilight Excuse"

Blue skies, gentle breeze, what a day! It was another good day for me, the birds were chirping and the wind brushed through my hair.

A part of me felt like I just won a million dollars from a commercial raffle, another part of me felt like I'm this Victoria's Secret Angel who was having her photo shoot with an outdoor theme just because I was feeling the moment.

I was heading towards 7/11 to buy something to eat AND drink, well state the obvious, what else would I be doing? I mean, I could stay there to just sit and watch people date, eat, drink then walk away but I wasn't gonna do that.

The store was not crowded like usual so that means the Slurpee section doesn't have that long line where you'll die out of boredom while waiting. It was my turn so I took a cup with an extra large size and got my Slurpee. I was strolling around the sweets section where I took 3 bars of Kit Kat.

"Hey! Watch where you runnin' at! " I yelled to a couple of strangers who were running and pushing each other.

Come on, I only have just enough money to pay for these babies, so they better not do any shenanigans around me.

The strangers went to the other side of the store; I paid for my Slurpee and Kit Kats and left the counter to find some seat to let my butt rest.

"MARCUS, give it back!" remember those strangers I mentioned earlier? They're back at it again. I tried to dodge their direction as I looked for a seat.

"MARCUS TIMOTHY TOMLINSON!" this girl tried to reach something which is in the hands of the guy whom she called Marcus.

"You can have it if you'll be able to reach it, shorty Rosie," this Marcus guy kept on raising his arms higher, taking the poor skittles and some crackers as hostages.

Who on earth would dare take foods as hostages?

I let my eyes wandered back around the store to look for the vacant seat. The store might not be crowded but people sure were occupying the seats even when they're done with their foods.

I looked around and there it was, a ray of light from above, highlighting the seat with matching background music of angels singing.

I made my way towards it and I was so close yet so far.

... I went home with a stain on my shirt

"I'm back! " I cried.

Mom's head popped out from the kitchen. "Hey sweetie!".

She greeted me with a smile but it didn't last when she saw my Slurpee stained white shirt.

Before she could grab the chance to scold me, I pointed out my index finger. " The Volturi saw me, mom. They tried to end my life but luckily, Edward saved me."

"So you're saying that it's a blood stain?" she pointed out on my shirt and smile. You know that kind of smile that means a lot of things and I'm guessing that this could be the 'you-better-stop-that-Twilight-excuse-and-tell-the-truth-or-else' smile.

"Hmm. Could be? " I raised my eyebrows and grinned at her.

"Joey Roberts-"

"Alright, alright! There's this person at 7/11 who bumped into me and spilled my Slurpee all over me. I was gonna tell you and don't worry mom, I'm gonna wash it ASAP."

I went upstairs to change and dumped my stained shirt in my laundry basket. I grabbed my phone and saw 4 messages from Adam.

Future Bae: Hey :)

Future Bae: Are you busy?

Future Bae: Mom told me to tell you that we'll be having dinner tonight, here @ my place. See you later.

Future Bae: Oh, I forgot. Dinner @ 6:00 PM :)

"MOM!" I hurriedly ran downstairs and into the kitchen. I got a glimpse of the wall clock and saw the time. It's already 5:00 pm.

"Oh, it's already 5:00. Joey, honey what are you still doing here? Go get dress. The Blakes invited us to dinner," she untangled her apron and folded it neatly.

"Wha-" I was gonna argue with her on why she told me the news an hour before the dinner but arguing won't do and it's just gonna waste my time.

Preparing for an hour is not enough, especially on occasions like this, where I get to have dinner with my future in-laws.

Adam Blake. He's this boy living on the other side of the street. I've known him since we were freshmen and started having a crush on him after he saved me from falling off the bleachers. Kind of a cliché movie-like story, huh? But not just because of that.

"Chesca said it's going to be a 'welcome home' dinner for Adam's brother. Did you know that Adam had a brother? " mom asked as she took out the pie from the oven.

Now that she mentioned it. "He did told me once that he has a stepbrother, Dr. Blake's son".

"Chesca's."

I shook my head, denying. "Dr. Peter's."

I haven't actually seen Adam's brother ever since we moved in here and he doesn't talk about him a lot. Perhaps they're not that kind of close, after all, they're just stepbrothers. Who am I kidding? I don't know anything about sibling problems; I don't even have a brother nor a sister.

I went upstairs to change and made my preparations for 45 minutes (actually, in choosing what I should wear) which is a record for me since I usually do preparations for 2 hours. It's not that easy to choose an outfit to wear, plus, I still have to fix my hair and put on some light makeup so I wouldn't look like a monkey that just escaped from the city zoo that's being chased by the zookeepers.

END OF CHAPTER ONE

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N:

Who on earth would dare take foods as hostages?

*raises hand*

So what do you think of chapter one?

If you like this chapter please hit that vote button and don't forget to comment down below your thoughts.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors please do make any corrections. I'd really appreciate it.

Lots of love,

Em ♡