chapter 11

We stepped into her car and she started to drive. "Where are we of to now?" I asked her. "First we go back to the office, and then we'll track him down." She said. It was almost evening when we arrived, the visit to my mother had been longer than I thought. When we drove into the parking lot, Liz had a phone call from an unknown number. "Agent Cooper" she answered the phone. "One moment, I'll put you on speaker." The voice started talking and I recognized Roan. "Hey, I think I'm being followed. Can you come?" I cursed under my breath as Liz spoke. "Sure thing, where are you now?" He gave us his coördinates and we stepped back into the car and sped towards him. When we arrived, however, it was already to late. We found his body on the street, drained from his blood and his heart ripped out. I felt like everything around me fell apart. Liz looked at me and instructed me to wait in the car as she examined his body. I couldn't believe this was happening. Roan had always been my best friend. I've known him since I was twelve and I could tell him everything. He was the first one I had come out to, and he had accepted me right away. And when word got out at school and in the streets, he stood by my side. When people started picking on me and bullying me for my sexual orientation, he comforted me. When my father died, he was there for me. And he had convinced me to come out to my family. That was one of the hardest things I had ever done, and it had hurt me a lot when I noticed my mum had a hard time accepting it. But again, Roan was there for me. And now he was dead. I felt tears running down my face and I just wanted to disappear.

Liz stepped back into the car. "I've called my office, they'll be here soon." I nodded. "I'm so sorry. I should've insisted on protecting him." She put her hand on my shoulder and pulled me into a hug afterwards. Then, I noticed she held a piece of paper in her hands. "What's that?" I asked with a shaky voice. "It's a note from Grimbald" she said as she handed it to me. I took it and started to read it.

Drear Liz,

It has been to long since we have last seen each other. I would like to meet up with you again, just to catch up a little bit. Oh, and make sure to bring your little sidekick with you, so I can properly meet her outside the classroom walls. Because you would probably tempted to refuse my request, I took the liberty to arrange an insurance policy. I have a couple of people that are important to your friend, if you don't show up, they will die a horrible death. To prove that I'm not bluffing, here is a sign of what you can expect. Meet me tomorrow evening around 10 pm at the place where it all began. St. Marry's church. If I see any other people arriving except for you and Taylor, I will kill the hostages.

Yours truly

Henry Olliver Grimbald

Ps. Don't be late.

I gasped in disbelief. "My god, he is insane." Liz nodded. "I know" she said. "So, what are we going to do?" She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. "The only thing we can do, show up and hope we can get out alive with the hostages." I sat there, listening to her words. This was bad, this was really bad. I crumbled the letter in my hands while cursing under my breath. "Bloody maggot, fucking tosser." Liz put her hand on my shoulder. "We'll get him, I promise." She said. After that, the drove to a place which appeared to be her apartment. We went inside and she drank some blood, before taking of her coat and put of her shoes. I did the same thing, after which she brought me a glass of water. "Are you okay?" She asked. I looked at her. "Not really" I answered. "my best friend just died, and now my other friends are in danger to." I said. She pulled me into a hug and held me tight. When we broke apart, our eyes locked again. I loved those beautiful, haunted eyes of hers. But this time, I saw a sadness in them that I had never seen before, like she was on the verge of crying. "What's wrong?" I asked. She sighed and turned away from me to lean with her hands on the table. "Nothing, it's just, I tried to protect you. I tried to keep you and your friends safe. But it didn't work. And then there is this whole investigation. I overlooked so many things, so many clues. I completely messed it up, and I don't know if I can make it right again. I feel like I let everyone down. especially you."

A deep sadness grew inside of me by seeing her like this. I put my hand on her shoulder and spoke. "You didn't let me down." She looked at me in disbelief. "What do you mean?" She asked. "If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead. Remember?" A sad smile appeared on her face. I pulled her in for another hug, feeling an intense warmth coming over me. When we moved apart a little, she leaned in and kissed me. After a moment, we broke apart again and I looked at her confused. "I thought you said it wasn't a good idea. What happened with 'we'll talk about it later'?" Then she spoke " I didn't want to do this because I was afraid it would bring you in danger, but I guess we're past that now. And in case I should die tomorrow, which is a possibility, I want you to know that I love you to." I stood there with open mouth, surprised at her words.

"You won't die, you simply can't." I said. "Taylor-" I broke of her sentence by kissing her fiercely. If this was truly our last night together, the we should make it our best. She was taken aback at first, but soon kissed me back. She licked my lip with her tongue to ask for permission to enter, which I granted. Our tongues fought for dominance as a slight moan escaped from my throat. One of my hands was buried in her hair while I held her back with the other. She held me tight in both arms. She led me towards her bedroom while kissing, when I felt the edge of the bed, I let myself fall on it, and she climbed on top of me. Our hands were roaming each others bodies. I shivered as she touched my breasts. My hands went under her shirt, touching her bare skin, which felt smooth and warm. Soon I felt her hands move towards my trousers, and in a matter of minutes, our clothes were spread across the room. I was looking at her naked form, she looked perfect. "You're so beautiful" I whispered in a shaky voice. She looked into my eyes and smiled. "So are you" she said before she started to kiss me again. She left my mouth and placed a trail of kisses on my cheek towards my neck. She licked the soft of my neck, and once in a while I could feel her teeth scrape across my skin, which drove me wild. I started breath faster and my heart went in overdrive. Then she took one of my breasts in her hand and started to mold it, which had me moaning. She took my nipple and rolled it between her fingers and an overwhelming sensation went trough my body. Her head went down and she took my other nipple in her mouth and started sucking at it. her other hand went farther down and went to my legs. She found my folds and started rubbing it. "Oh...fuck...yeah..." I moaned as my hand was buried in her hair. Then she pushed one finger inside me, and a while later another. I had dreamed about this moment for so long, and now it was happening. I was having sex with fucking Liz Cooper. She started to thrust her fingers inside me, and gradually picked up the pace as my breathing went faster and my moans became louder. I've had sex before, and it was good. My ex girlfriend was good, she knew how to play me and she knew what to do to make me go crazy. But this was of a whole other level. Liz probably had over 200 years of experience, and it showed. She knew exactly what she was doing, touching all the right spots. Making me shiver all over my body. She made me produce sounds that didn't even sound human. Yes, she's that good. Then she let go of my boobs and started to kiss me all over my body, making her way down, until she was between my legs. The feeling of her tongue going over my clit made me arch my back and I closed my eyes in excitement. I took her head in one hand and pushed her closer between my legs, while I gripped the sheets of her bed with the other. "Fuck Liz...I love you...fuck..." And then I felt my orgasm coming over me, and for a moment I was on another planet. She came back up as I lay there, panting heavily. When her head was above mine, I cupped her face and dragged it down towards my lips and I started kissing her like I've never kissed before, tasting my own wetness on her lips. When I had come to my senses again, I flipped us over so that now, I was on top. I stared at her with a devilish grin. Now it was my time to make her go crazy...