Marks

*Trigger Warning: Mention of scars *

Hermione could hear Draco humming. She had never herd him hum before.

Shaking out her curls with one hand, Hermione paused in the entryway between the hallway and the common room. Draco was sitting in front of the fire, humming to himself as he flipped through a book. The tune wasn't one that Hermione recognized but she liked hearing it. It made her feel... Peaceful.

Hermione walked up behind Draco, sitting on the couch and draped herself over him, leaning against the cushions as she hugged him lightly. Draco smirked a little and turned his head to look at her. "Morning." Hermione kissed his cheek delicately, feeling the soft fabric of his jacket beneath her hands.

"Hi." Draco motioned for her to come around and sit with him on the couch, which Hermione did, putting her feet up and tucking them underneath herself as she leaned against Draco's side.

"How'd you sleep?" Hermione shrugged.

"Alright. You're really happy this morning." Draco smiled at her.

"Am I not allowed to be happy?" Draco said. Hermione grinned.

"You are. It's just..." She paused. "You were humming." Draco's cheeks turned pink as he looked back at his book.

"Yes, I hum sometimes. I'm capable of such things."

"Draco Malfoy, humming. What's next? Singing in the shower?" Hermione teased.

"You mean you've never heard me sing in the shower before?" Draco asked, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Nope but I look forward to the day." Hermione said, running one hand through Draco's hair, feeling how silky and soft it was. Draco smiled and leaned in to kiss her lightly.

"Keep dreaming darling." He said. Hermione blushed pink now. Whenever Draco used a pet name like that it sent her reeling. She never thought she would hear such sweet words come out of his mouth. "Another letter came for you from Weasley by the way." Draco said, nodding to the coffee table. Hermione smiled and stood up, grabbing it from where it sat.

"Wonderful. He hasn't replied in nearly a week." Hermione said, breaking the seal and opening the envelope so she could read it. Draco watched her carefully. The smile never left her lips and while he knew that Hermione and Ron were simply friends, he was still jealous. Ron and Hermione have been friends for years. He knew her way better than Draco did. Whose to say that she wouldn't go back to him?

"Whatever happened to you and Weasley?" Draco asked, surprising Hermione. She looked up from the letter, placing it on her lap half read.

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused.

"I... Nothing I just want to know why you two aren't together anymore" Hermione pursed her lips. She didn't want to talk to her new boyfriend about her old boyfriend, if she could even call Draco her boyfriend. She did but she wasn't sure that's what he wanted and Hermione didn't want to push the question just in case Draco rejected the idea or was scared off by the idea.

"We're friends Draco. Always will be and I think the two of us began to mistake our feelings for one another. We... We both did think that last year would be the last year of our lives and all that tension and our love for one another come together to form our relationship. I think part of me knew it wouldn't work out for us in the end." Draco arched an eyebrow at her.

"How long were you two together?" Hermione thought for a second.

"A little four over four months this past summer." Draco was staring at her in complete bewilderment and Hermione cocked her head. "What?" She asked.