Tutor

Hermione moves through the shelves of the library slowly, her fingers skimming over the old and worn spines of the books she passes. She's not particularly looking for anything in this section. She's just remembering all the hours she spent in here researching things for her, Harry and Ron that would help them defeat Voldemort. Now, all Hermione does in this library is study for her tests and read up on magical herbs. She can't tell if she misses the excitement all that research had brought her or not but she does like to reminisce.

Finally heading towards the proper section, Hermione searches diligently for the correct book before finding it on a the shelf just above her. Pursing her lips, Hermione stood on her toes and reached out to see if she could grab it on her own. Her fingertips barely grazed the bottom of the spine. Pulling out her wand, Hermione prepared to magick the book down when she felt a presence behind her. "I'll get it." Hermione sucked in her breath as she felt Draco's chest barely touch her back as he reached forward and grabbed the book for her. When he had got it down, Hermione slowly turned to look at him and Draco took a step back, realizing they had been standing a bit too close.

"Thank you." Hermione said curtly. She hadn't spoken to him properly since Friday, nearly a week ago. There was really no need to talk to him as she felt she didn't have anything to say. Though Draco had tried numerous times to apologize, Hermione wouldn't listen.

"You're welcome." Hermione immediately turned to go but Draco caught her arm. "Hermione wait." He said.

"What do you want Draco?" She said, glaring at him over her shoulder. Draco swallowed hard, his adam's apple bobbing.

"I was wondering if you would tutor me." Hermione's angry expression fell into one of bewilderment. That was not what she had expected him to say at all.

"What? Tutor you?" Draco smirked at her shocked expression.

"Yes. Is that so hard to believe? You're the smartest witch in school." Hermione tried not to blush at what he had said and she hated that he was smiling at her so mischievously for catching her off guard.

"What do you need help with?" Hermione asked as Draco let go of her arm, allowing her to turn and look at him properly.

"Herbology mainly. Possibly Defense. I'm rubbish at both of those." Hermione inhaled deeply. Herbology was easy enough to tutor but Defense against the Dark Arts was another thing. She was a horribly impatient teacher, she knew that. Harry had been amazing at it though. She wondered if...

"Potter would never help me in Defense. He'd probably use all those spells against me."

"How did you know what I was thinking?" Draco shrugged.

"Because Potter was rumored to be a genius when it came to Defense Against the Dark Arts and he taught all those kids in Dumbledore's Army so he must have done something right." Hermione nodded her head a little.

"That's what made him want to become a teacher, specifically for Defense Against the Dark Arts." Draco scratched the back of his neck.

"He'd be good at it too. He doesn't miss." Self-consciously, Draco rubbed at one of the scars on his chest, over his heart and Hermione was sent reeling when she remembered how Harry had used that Dark curse against Draco in their sixth year. She had stood up for Harry and tried to protect him after everything was all said and done but after that, she spent a full two weeks ignoring him. How could Harry, the kind and loving young man she knew, be so careless and so heartless to attack someone in that matter. Even if him and Draco weren't exactly friends, that gave him no right to use a dark curse that could have killed someone.

"What will I get out of tutoring you?" Hermione found herself asking, trying to lighten the mood as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. Draco smirked.