Chapter 4

I woke up in a dark cave- well, dark except Galelea who was glowing fiercely in a loving kind of way, like the furnace at home- no I couldn't think of home. If I thought of home, then I would want to go home, to my family, to the life I left behind when I ran away.

"where-where am I? "I stammered.

"you are in my cave. You fainted in the apple grove after seeing so much legendary power released, so I took you to my cave and nursed you back to health. You were strong to have seen so much and survived." Galelea said quietly.

"what do you mean? How am I different? How-how could that have killed me?"

"whoa there little one! One question at a time. I mean that when legendary conflict happens, much power is released. You could have disintegrated into a pile of ash, had you not been special. You were obviously a chosen one."

"what do you mean?"

"I mean you were chosen by the goddess to carry the prophecy's burden. Every 500 years or so, a child is chosen by the goddess, who is favored in her eyes."

"but why couldn't' t a normal "prophecy child" survive legendary conflict?"

"it's because when a child is given their powers from the goddess, they are stronger for they have the goddesses blood, whereas the ones not chosen by the goddess, can only bear it for a little while. They simply don't have the immortality to stand it! They often disintegrate from the mere effort of using their power."

"You keep on saying the word goddess, but what is her real name, her identity?"

"Names have power, child. They should not be said to many people, for as you know, names give the identity of one. They can be used to bless or destroy a being. But I can see the honesty in your intentions, thus I shall tell you the name of the goddess. Her name, is Gaea." With that I fell asleep.

"Wake up child!" Galelea said hurriedly. Crawling off my bed I groaned,

"do I have to?"

"yes."

"why?"

"because the darkness found us!" clearly Galelea was losing her patience, but I leaped up and hurried to the entrance of the cave, to see a pitch-black sky.

" the darkness is here." I said, but I didn't have to. Galelea already knew.

"I can't interfere this time child, you must do it!"

"Why!" I sobbed. " Why does Gaea do this? Why does she force children to bear the curse? Why do we have to bear a burden so terrible, that even she is afraid to do it?" I was tired of this life, running at every danger. I was just a child, 6 years of age, yet somehow, I was expected to destroy something, that even adults had nightmares of. How was I expected to do this? Why didn't the goddess keep the darkness gone? I was tired and cold and miserable, my clothes had been shredded to pieces so that I was nearly naked, and I just wanted a home to feel welcome in a family to sob with, a friend when it got tough being who I was.

"it's because her essence was stolen. She was forced into the earth, no longer with the power to rise and destroy the darkness. A servant of the goddess, was influenced by the darkness, and convinced her to tell the servant her true name. as soon as the servant had it the servant forced her to give up her essence to the darkness for him to become stronger. In a last desperation, the goddess hid her essence in her blood then in the womb of a mother whom in a loving sacrifice, stabbed her own self, spreading the blood amongst the stars, leaving the baby with only a drop of the immortal blood. That's why child. That's why she doesn't. after that, it was forbidden to say the name."

I knew what to do now.

"Gaea! I a servant of the goddess, and carrier of the blood command you to rise to the heavens! Let the darkness be bound by your blood in which it has condemned to its being, and let your essence serve you once more, for I hold your name in power!" I cried, then I channeled my power to my palm, and slammed it to the ground. A thousand things happened at once. First, I almost had a heart attack, because for what felt like eternity, nothing happened. Then I decided that nothing never happened, because at that moment, a giant beam of light broke through the ground. At that same moment Galelea began glowing intensely bright with golden light, and the darkness screamed in terror as streams of a golden liquid had started wrapping around it making a tight cocoon as the cocoon sunk into the earth and then I fainted.

Here ya go guys! Hope ya like it. The chapters are really starting to move, aren't they? I don't know when the next update will be, but hopefully soon!

~Me