Rescue

I wake up on my side and see a picture of my family on my dresser. I get up and look out the window of the captain's quarters and see the sunrise over the East Pier. Today is the weekly Earth Dial. I grab an empty flash drive and plug it into my laptop. I type in my password and download my weekly email for my brother onto the flash drive. I log off of the laptop and take the flash drive. I exit my quarters and head towards the boarding elevator. Once I'm off the elevator, I head to the stairs into the south pier. I get in the transporter and tap the dot for the control room. I walk out of the transporter and head to Chuck's desk.

"Morning Chuck," I say as I walk to Colonel Carter's office. The door slides open and I walk in.

"Good morning," I say, "I've got a flash drive for the check-in with Earth." I hand her the flash drive.

"I'll be sure to send it to the SGC," she says.

"Thank you," I say as I turn around and start walking.

"Wait," says Colonel Carter, "I was wondering if you'd like to have lunch with me later." She smiles.

"That'd be great," I reply. I walk out the door and into the control room. The gate activates.

"Unscheduled Off-world activation," Chuck says. Colonel Carter walks out of her office. Ronon Dex runs through the gate. I notice he has a gunshot wound in the leg.

"Medical team to the gate room!" Colonel Carter says. A medical team runs into the room.

"What happened?" I ask Ronon.

"The Genii," he replies, "They got Sheppard and Teyla." Dr. Mckay runs through the gate. Bullets come through the gate shattering lights and windows.

"Shut down the gate!" I yell. The gate shuts down. Mckay is bent over with his hands on his knees.

"Kolya got Sheppard and Teyla," He says.

"I kinda gathered that," I tell him.

"They removed our locator beacons," He says.

"That means we can't beam them out," I say, "crap."

"How many Genii were following you?" I ask.

"Too many for one team to handle," he replies.

"I have an idea," I say, "I could take the Icarus and two teams to that planet and beam them into a non-populated area then they can find Sheppard and Teyla and we can beam them out."

"Do it," Colonel Carter says. I start walking up the stairs to the transporter. Colonel Carter puts her hand on my shoulder before I enter the transporter.

"Be careful," she says.

"I will," I reply. She puts her finger on her radio.

"Major Lorne, prepare your team and Major Leonard's team, I want you on the Icarus when it takes off," she says as she walks back to her office. I get in the transporter and go to the south pier. I run up the stairs and get on the elevator and run to the bridge. I sit down.

"Prepare for take off," I say, "We are going to save Colonel Sheppard and Teyla." We take off and head to space. As soon as we are in space, Colonel Walker appears on screen.

"Colonel, where are you going?" He asks.

"Going to save Sheppard and Teyla," I say, "Come with me." The Avenger starts moving along with us.

"Engaging hyperdrive," I say. Two hyperspace windows open and we go through them.

"Contact the Avenger," I say, "I'll brief them on the plan." Colonel Walker appears on screen.