Chapter 31

Theo moved away from me as quickly as possible, ignoring my confused gaze.

The others looked at him strangely as well, he had just died right in front of us and I had saved him, 'why was he acting like this,' I whispered t myself.

'We must get back as quickly as possible and let everyone know that they are safe again,' Theo said, grabbing his bag and climbing onto to his Kalakin, before any of us had replied.

The others must have agreed as they grabbed our stuff as well and the others quickly hopped onto their Kalakins. I turned around and stared forlornly at the area, where I had nearly lost my one true love and the place where death itself had died in front of me. It was so strange that two stark opposites could have taken place in one area. I just followed the others, there was no use in persisting. 

'Come on lets go Kat,' Stella said with a smile, the others already starting to move onward.

'Come here girl,' I said and my Kalakin walked up to me. I then swung my legs over her body and she started to run.

We all ran through the forest, heading back to society.

................................................................

We traveled for days, roughly stopping at the same places as before, grabbing as much food as we could from the forest: berries, rabbit and vegetables that we could find.

Theo continues to ignore me and Tori and Ky seemed to go off by themselves a lot of the time so it was mainly just me and Stella, who stuck together.

We would sit by the fire and chat. I would tell her about my friends back in the human world and about my mother, who I hadn't realized until now, how much I truly missed her. Every so often Theo would look up at me. As soon as I felt his gaze I would look back at him  but he would play it off as though he hadn't be doing a thing. It was as though he was afraid to be caught.

The situation was hopeless.

We were finally at out last stop before we arrived back home.

It was strange how I called it home but it certainly felt like one. It was getting dark so we laid out our stuff around the fire for the last time n the same clearing, where I had first seen the creatures.

I layed out my bedding and begin to snuggle up tight inside of it as I was very cold, about to fall asleep when Theo said 'I'm taking first watch.'

'Ok,' everyone answered,getting into their sleeping bags.  But I just faced away from him,  already snuggled up, avoiding his stare.

My teeth began to chatter after a while and I could tell that the others were already fast asleep as I haven't heard a peep out of them. Probably exhausted.  However I couldn't close my eyes for more than two minutes because I knew that he was watching me.

That was it, I could take it no longer. I sat up and stared right at him and said 'Theo just stop. Ok, you're not making this any easier for me.'

As soon as I said it, Theo's gaze intensified and I could see that his eyes were beginning to go red. The emotions between us grew immensley as both our eyes began to flash their colours. Soon  it was going to be uncontrollable. He walked over to me quietly, making sure not to disturb the others.

He sat down next to me  but I looked away as soon as he did so.Not bringing myself to see the fire in his eyes.  My hand was splayed out in front of me, holding onto the ground, to stop me from reaching out to him. 

But instead he reached out to me. He slowly interlinked his pinky with my own and did the same with my other fingers. I tried to pull away but he just held on. He began to draw circles over my palm,  my skin tingling wherever he touched even after he moved along to my arm.

He carried on, holding onto my hand tightly and protectively.

'Stop,' I whispered to him. Trying as hard as I could to get him to stop but it came out barely audible. It was hopeless.

I had a sudden burst of anger, that gave me the strength to turn away from him and face the other side, which overlooked the others, who were sound asleep.

 But this didn't stop him.

He lay down next to me and traced shapes along my back, making me feel things that I really didn't want to. I tried to move again but it was hopeless as he draped his arm over my waist and held me to his chest. Keeping me warm, even though I didn't want it to.

The feelings I had for him were over powering so I just remained there in his embrace feeling safe and at peace.

However tears still escaped from my eyes, which glistened in the light of the fire.

......................................................................................................

Thanks for reading :)

What do you think of Theo?