"It's ok." I say looking at Luke. He's just looking down at the floor. 

The other three changed subjects to how Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Harry left to go back to England. I couldn't help but steal glances at Luke a few times. He keeps his head down the whole time looking at the floor. What the heck happened to him?

"Closing time!" Our boss yells from his office door. We all stand up and we all help put the stools back. We only had a few customers come in today. I'm the one who helped all of them when they needed help. Luke didn't even bother to look up at the customers who came in, or greet them. 

"Let's go guys!" Ashton yells at all of us. They all crowd at the door, but I stay back with Calum still at my side by the register.

"Hey, let's go." Calum says taking a few steps backwards toward the door.

"Um, no. I'm just going to stay back, see if there's anything out of place." I say kindly to him. I look out the window to see all the boys there waiting. "You should go. They're waiting for you." I say tilting my head toward the window.

"I can stay." he offered.

"No, it's good. You have to practice with your 'band'” I say using air quotes with my fingers.

"Nah, I'm the best singer out of all of them. I don't need practice." he says jokingly.

"Just go." I say pushing him to the door. He stops walking when he's under the door frame. He turns around to look down at me.

"See you later." he says sweetly.

"See you." I say now closing the door.

Calum's POV

We're all in Luke's apartment with our instruments and we're all waiting for Michael to tune his guitar. 

"Hey, Luke." I say sitting next to him on the couch. 

"Hey." he says flatly.

"You know," I pause, "you really have to get over her." I know he knows who I'm talking about.

"I am." he says annoyed.

"You clearly aren't." I say equally as annoyed. "She didn’t deserve you." I whisper.

"Whatever. I'm done talking about this." he says playing a few notes on his guitar indicating that he's done talking to me. 

"Fine." I say moving to the other couch. 

"Ok, I'm done. Let’s get going." Michael says.

Ali's POV

The hour I been here consists of sitting, going on my phone, and swiping some albums in my purse. I walk over to the guitars and pick one up. I start to play cords and soon enough I begin playing a song, singing along to it. It feels so good to play. Like an escape. 

"We never stood a chance out there. Shooting love in real-time. So we'll take it over ice tonight with a little salt, and a little lime. You're just a daydream away. I wouldn't know what to say if I had you. And I'll keep you a daydream away. So I never have to lose. You're just a daydream away. I wouldn't know what to say if I had you."

I finish the song just like that, and in that second I feel all the tiredness come to me with one big bang. These past few days I been doing so much, and now, I'm just tired.

----

I unlock my door to my apartment with no interest of doing anything right now. As I walk into my room I can hear the boys practicing. I wonder when I will be able to actually hear them play. I don't even know if they're good or not. For all I know they can have horrible voices and have no idea how to play an instrument, but just act like they do. I listen closer to their playing and judging from what I can hear they don't sound too bad.