|07|

07.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God..." Thomas panicked while pacing, dragging his fingers through his hair over and over again. "Tom," Teresa called, her hand reaching out for his forearm. "What?!" he snapped, his wide eyes meeting hers. Sighing she said "Just go find Newt and tell him that you feel the way that you described in the letter,"

"But what if I don't feel that way that I wrote in the letter?!" he asked running a hand through his hair, his pacing slowing down just for few seconds.

Teresa rolled her eyes at her best friend "Then you would be lying," Thomas stopped "What?" She sighed and pressed her hands against her temoles "Tom, imagine if you were on a date with some person, who is the first person to come to your mind?"

Newt's name flashed in front of his eyes, just for a second. He looked down and didn't answer. Teresa smiled fondly up at him "It's Newt isn't it," His eyes glanced at her, before unsurely nodding.

"But Teresa, as far as I know I've only liked girls" he said, frustrating himself even more, he was starting to hyperventilate. She shrugged as she got up "You're still pretty young, and have only dated two girls, who says both options are exclusive?" she took his hand and made him sit down.

"You may have not know it until Newt showed up, but you can like both girls and boys. You might have only now figured that out,"

"So I'm bi?" Thomas concluded, his eyes down at the hands playing in his lap. Teresa shrugged nonchalantly "Probably, and you don't have to worry about your parents, they accepted Stiles and Derek, so why not you and Newt? Me and Minho will stand by you no matter what, okay?"

He nodded as he finally looked at her, his eyes soft and his whole posture relaxing "Thank you Teresa,"

She smiled as she rubbed his shoulder comfortingly "Always,"

"What should I do with Newt?" he asked looking at Teresa, defeated.

She nudged his shoulder, small grin on her lips, "Go and find him, tell him you really like him - ",

"What if he dosen't like me back?" he interrupted, his insecurities getting best of him again.

"He does" she laughed, kind of laugh that made him feel stupid, "I sit with him at Biology. I saw one of his drawings, he drew you," Thomas' cheeks reddened as he muttered an "Oh," his hands starting to play again in his lap.

She clasped her hand on his back "Go and get him tiger!"

"I will. Thanks Teresa," she hugged him tightly, Thomas returned the hug before getting up and walking away.

With absolutely no idea what to do now or where to start.

×××

So far he checked boys locker room, every classroom, and even waited at his locker for good fifteen minutes, before he got annoyed and continued searching.

But imagine the coincidence when he bumped in Brenda. She dropped her paper and before she could he bent down to pick it up. Knowing Brenda and Newt were close he asked "Hello Brenda, I'm Thomas. So, I was wandering if you knew where Newt was,"

Brenda furrowed her eyebrows, observed him for a few seconds before giving an answer "Uh I saw him leaving school, crying. I couldn't stop him before he left,"

"Where does he live?" Thomas rushed out. "The Wall street, house number 24," she replied. She was going to ask why he needed the address but Thomas was already sprinting towards the closest exit, determined to make it up to Newt.

×××

"C'mon, c'mon!" Thomas ringed the bell at the house that Thomas assumed was Newt's.

The elderly women opened up the door. "Hello, how can I help you?" she asked, her thick British accent showing, obviously confused. "Oh - Uh, hello Mrs. I am looking for Newt Sangster. Does he by any consequencee live here?" Thomas politely asked.

A wide smile plastered upon a women's face as she replied "Oh yes, he does! Come with me I'll show you to his room," she led him upstairs.

They came in front of the baby blue painted door, "Here he is. He just came here few minutes ago," Mrs. Sangster said, "I'll leave you two alone,".

Thomas took in the big breath, gaining all the courage and knocking. He hearda faint 'go away'. Ignoring his wishes, Thomas pulled the door open. Blonde's full attention was on him "Hey Newt," Thomas muttered, closing the doors behind him.

Newt's eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks were still tear stained. "Get out," he spoke coldly, Thomas looked down knowing he deserved that.

"Listen Newt, I won't beat around the bush", he started, "I did write that letter, and yes, at the start it was never meant to mean anything. But the guilt has been eating me alive ever since, but somewhere along the way, I... I started to really like you Newt,".

Newt hugged his waist "So you really meant what ya' wrote in that letter?". Thomas nodded, "Every single word".

He sighed "How do I know that this is not some kind of a prank?". Thomas sighed "You can't. You can only belive my word,".

"How come that put of nowhere, you just start liking boys all of a sudden?" Newt asked, shreds of his insecurities being removed piece by piece.

"I guess you really opened my eyes. I -I'm bi I guess. I liked girls, but now I like you, like really, really like you," Thomas stuttered, fidgeting with his hands.

"What now?" Newt asked after a longer pause, hugging his waist. Thomas let out a breathy laugh "I guess this is the cheesy part where we confess our undying love for each other and make out,".

Newt blushed deep red as he got up and muttered loud enough for Thomas to hear "I wouldn't mind that,".

Newt slowly walked over to Thomas, still hugging his waist. Thomas took in every detail of his face in, making the blonde blush harder under intense stare.

Thomas then leaned in and gently pressed his lips on Newt's, light enough so that blonde could pull away if wanted. He didn't want to rush him into anything.

But Newt didn't pull away, until they needed air. With both of them blushing and smiling shyly at each other, the moment seemingly too perfect for this imperfect world.

______________________________________

950 words

If you liked the chapter, then plesse vote, comment, I really appreciate it.