Devin x Karmo - Curse of the Siren

Devin's PoV -

     I walked down to the docks to hopefully catch a good amount of fish to sell at the market later that day. I hated it, it was the same routine every day, go to the dock cast your pole, reel it in, cast, reel, cast, reel, it was a never ending cycle. I was a self employed fisherman. I lived close to the sea, within walking distance. Each day I would go to the same dock, catch some fish, salt them, and take my catch to the market to sale. I made good money but it was so tiresome. Just the beating sun and I everyday, watching the tide rise and fall.

     I set my fishing gear on the dock and baited my hook and cast it out. I slipped off my shoes and sat on the edge of the dock letting my legs dangle over edge. It was early morning now, the sun just was starting to rise over the ocean creating waters of pink and yellow, everything was peaceful. I had caught a few fish already when I though I heard the sound of singing rising above the crash of the ocean's waves.

I sat listening to it for a moment till I was convinced my ears weren't deceiving me, I stood and slipped my shoes back on. Leaving my pole to sit, I walked back down the dock to try to find the source of the beautiful singing. My ears lead my to some rocks and cliffs. I climbed some of the rocks to get a better vantage point. When I stood balancing on the highest rock the singing suddenly stoped. I scanned the beach and ocean below me but all I seen was the tip of a dark blueish green fish tail sliding into the water, that and the same blue green colored scale laying on a rock. I walked over to it and picked it up to examine. I had never seen this kind of fish before. I pocketed the scale. I looked back at the ocean and with a powerful splash the fish tail was hidden under the crashing waves. Still curious I went back to the dock to continue my fishing.

Karmo's PoV -

     I sighed as I pushed myself a little out of the water and onto a large rock. Today would be the day I finally became a real siren, the only problem was I would have to kill a human in order to be recognized by other sirens. I decided I would put my feelings into my song. I started with a sad low hum and continued as I sat on my rock singing into the vast unknown human realm. Though I had never called to a human before, the stories told that all a siren had to do was sing and soon a human would come to them. The human would instantly fall in love with the siren and when they came close enough the siren would slit their throat.

     I though I heard human footsteps and I quieted a little. A moment later and I was sure that I had heard human footsteps. I stop my singing and listened closely to the human. I could smell him, he was a boy, probably around my age, he held the reek of fish so I could assume he was a fisherman. He footsteps became louder and I contemplated on how I would end him. He crested the rock he had climbed and for a moment I saw him, he was beautiful, everything I had imagined a human to look like, I knew I couldn't kill him so I leaped backing the water and swam away as fast as I could.

     Later it hit me that I had failed in my quest to become a real siren. I would try again tomorrow and I was determined to not let any human stand in my way.

Devin's PoV -

     I wore the beautiful scale, I had found on the beach a day before, on a necklace. It was simply too beautiful and it was a constant reminder of the odd but curious thing I had witnessed yesterday. The sky looked dark and omnibus as if a storm was brewing. Nonetheless I gathered my gear and let in a deep breath of the cool morning air. I walked down to the dock.

Once there I baited my hook and cast it out. I slipped off my shoes and sat on the edge of the dock. I got a small tug on my line, as usual I waited for the fish to bite down. I groaned, the rod nearly slipped out of my hands, luckily I managed to grab it in time! I pulled on the poll reeling it at the same time. It let go, the hook and line snapped back up out of the water with such force that it nearly hooked my hat. What kind of fish was that, needles to say my bate, of a small mino fish, was gone.

Spirit Animals Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें