xiv. THE HUMAN DRESS RACK

Start from the beginning

Turning back around, there was indeed someone at the door, "Hello there." he said.

It was him, Peter Hale. Violet recognized his eyes, hair, and voice, but the burns he wore before seemed to have disappeared.

Without thinking, Scott tried to slam the door shut, which the man deflected with his hand, swinging it back open, "Really?" he asked. "slam the door in my face? C'mon Scott. Take a second to think that through."

"I'll tell her." Scott threatened, defending his mother.

"That I used to be a catatonic invalid with burns covering half of my face?"

"Where did the burns go?" Violet asked cautiously, still behind Scott's arm.

"I healed them." he replied menacingly.

"You can't heal something that bad in a matter of a few days. Those take years to heal, or in some cases, never."

"I've been in a coma for six years," Peter said, changing the subject, "don't you think I'd like to have dinner with a beautiful woman?"

"Just a second!" Melissa called from elsewhere inside the house, as if she was on cue to say it.

"Or maybe," he continued, "You think I may have an idea. Like how it might be easier to convince you to be part of the pack...if your mother is too. Maybe even sweet little Violetta here."

"Don't call me that." Violet said as Peter slowly walked inside the house, and Scott had a terrified look over his face. The McCall siblings walked backwards as he approached even closer to them. Where was Melissa when you needed her?

"You need to understand how much more powerful we are together..." Peter said directly to Scott, continuing to inch closer and closer. "You, and me, and Derek. Did you know? That some of the most successful military operations during the second world war were the German U-Boat attacks? Do you know what they called them?" Peter asked.

"Can I take a wild guess?" Violet asked.

"They called them wolf packs. Did you know that? Or are you failing history as well?"

"Can I punch him in the face?" Violet whispered to Scott.

"You know I can hear you...Violetta." Peter said.

"That's it—" Violet started, but got cut off once her mother came into the room.

"I'm ready, I'm ready. Sorry again." Melissa chuckled as she had her bag in hand, taking Peter's arm and linking it with her own.

As they walked out, Scott hesitated, "mom.." he said.

Melissa turned around, "yes? Sweetheart?"

Scott looked as if he would say something risky, Violet cut in, "have a good time." Violet smiled to her mother. Melissa nodded with a smile as she turned back to Peter and they walked over to his car.

Violet shut the door and whispered quietly, "we need to fix this."

✦✧✦

"There they are!" Violet squealed, practically grabbing the steering wheel of Stiles' jeep, jerking the car onto a side street where the alpha werewolf's car had been parked.