“Lauren did not turn. Her wolf actually denied the change and kept herself locked in. It was interesting to watch. Her eyes went red and um she fought against it. I, unfortunately, can never change again. They injected the girls here with it and it somehow killed them.”

Kill a werewolf’s wolf. I ran a hand up my cheek and got lost in thought until someone shook my shoulder.

“Isaac. May she stay? She has some useful information for you.” I looked at the girl. Her eyes pleading me to stay and I nodded.

“She may stay.” She instantly bowed and thanked me. A thought struck me “Who was that woman that kept you there?” Alexis looked up and shrugged.

“I-I don’t know Alpha. I never saw her face. No one did.” A maid walked past and I quickly grabbed her arm.

“Take this girl to the second floor and give her one of the spare bedrooms. She will not be working in the kitchen or be a maid.” I turned to her “Do you like children?” She nodded her head.

“At my old pack I was a nanny-“

“Perfect. Settle her in and make sure no one even thinks about harming her verbally or physically or I will deal with them myself.” The maid nodded and quickly bowed her head to me.

Alexis quickly followed behind the maid as she began to walk towards the stairs. I turned to Dominic “Would you like to bring this discussion into my office?”

“I think that would be best.” He told me and headed towards my office. As I closed the door I could already see Dominic take a look at the files on my desk.

“Anything?” He asked me and I shook my head.

“She’s either dead or turned rogue.”

“She wouldn’t turn rogue.” He shook his head at the thought “She wouldn’t do that.”

“Every trace of her was whipped of the land. The same thing they did to Lauren. Maria may have been-“

“No.” Dominic “She would not of been working with rogues. That is like a sin. She wouldn’t have.”

“This is only one possibility Dominic. It doesn’t mean that she was.” Dominic turned and glared at me.

“I would like you to stop looking for my sister. You are making assumptions which are not and will not ever be true.” No one wants to hear that their sister has turned rogue but it is something that often happens but it was rare for a girl with alphas blood to disappear.

“If you want me to stop in the search-”

“Yes. I break the deal. I don’t want to look into anything of my family.” I shrugged my shoulders and he turned to leave. “Have a great time with your petty little mate.” He spat and left. I could only role my eyes at the stupid tone of his voice.