“Well since you guys have practice I say Alyssa and I go to the mall and do some shopping.” Kylie looked up at me from her plate and I nodded my head in agreement. Shopping seemed like a fantastic idea at the moment because I needed new clothes to impress Justin with at school.

            “We need to find Alyssa a boyfriend.” She giggled, making my heart stop beating in my chest. “That’s my mission today.”

            “I don’t think that’s necessary.” I spoke up when I noticed Justin’s eyes burn into her. “I’m okay with being single.”

            “But just a couple days ago before the ball you were complaining about not having one.” She said, completely confused. “Now suddenly you’re alright with being single?”

            This whole conversation was just so not what I was intending to talk about today. I don’t get why she had to bring up my relationship status in front of my parents, let alone my brother. It didn’t help that Justin was sitting right here looking like he wanted to kill her but then again, it did kind of make me happy that he was angry about me looking at someone else.

            “I’ve just decided to focus on school for now.” I lied. “I’ll graduate and then find a boyfriend. I have plenty of time.”

            “And that’s how it should be.” My dad warned. “Any guy that wants to take out my little girl is going to have to go through me first.”

            Justin cleared his throat, obviously from feeling uncomfortable, and I tried so hard not to laugh right now. He looked like he just became as white as a ghost. My dad wasn’t anyone you’d really want to mess with though. He worked at a law firm and despite the fact he didn’t have tattoos, the gym was his best friend and he was fit beyond belief.

            “I completely disagree.” Kylie huffed. “Sorry Mr. Straton, but Alyssa needs a guy.”

            “Not everyone needs a guy.” Justin chuckled, acting as if this wasn’t bothering him. “If she says she doesn’t need one then she doesn’t need one.”

            “Alright!” I interrupted the conversation since it was obviously going to go nowhere but downhill from here and stood up from the dining room table to collect my plate. “I’m going to go upstairs and get ready. We’ll go to the mall Kylie and I’ll keep my eye out for an attractive boy. Okay?”

            Passing my plate across the island to my mom, I sent everyone one last smile and headed up the steps.

            “I have to use the bathroom.” I heard Justin faintly say. “Be right back.”

            He was unbelievable. I honestly hope he knows that what I said to Kylie was a joke. I wouldn’t dare look at other guys because no one on earth could compare to him I’m positive. He was the most attractive boy I have ever laid my eyes on and the fact that he’s mine just made my heart want to explode.

            As I rested my back against my bedroom door to wait for him, not even two seconds later he appeared around the corner and got a smile on his face once he saw me waiting for him.

            “Bathroom?” I teased and pointed across the hall. “It’s that door in case you’ve forgotten.”

            “I didn’t forget.”

            Turning the handle of my bedroom, he opened it and locked it once we were both inside. The way he was looking at me was so intense I just wanted to kiss him so badly.