Chapter 7

"Oh my god, Loren, did that actually just happen?" Claire screams as soon as we get home to our shared apartment.

            "Um... yeah?" I reply. I don't care, Nolan's only a Flyer. Nothing special about that to me.

            Claire shakes her head. "You act like you don't care."

            "To be honest?" I say. "I don't!"

            "So... you literally don't care that we exchanged numbers with an NHL player?" questions Claire.

            "No." I retort. Claire looks pissed. I think she forgot that I'm a Penguins fan, so I hate the Flyers, or Cryers as I like to call them, and every player on their team. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            Monday, April 23 - Penguins have won Game 6 on Sunday, April 22

           I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I'm watching Game 6 of the Capitals, or Crapitals, and Blue Jackets series. Claire is on a road trip for her hockey team. I wait for the next stoppage of play to answer my phone, since this game could possibly decide who the Penguins play next round. Claire is still depressed about the Flyers' loss yesterday. 

Conversation with "Le Meilleur Flyer"

Hey, I had some teammates over earlier today and they found that u accidentally left your Penguins jersey here when u and Claire stayed over

I really need to change his contact name. I decide to change it to "Nolan Patrick."

ok what do u want me 2 do abt it

Can u come pick it up during the 2nd intermission of the caps game

um i kinda want 2 see who the pens play in the 2nd round tho

since we beat you guys yesterday

Oof

Can u plz just come since tomorrow Im going to winnipeg to see the fam

fine

Just so u know ivan and tk are over watching the caps game with me

i dont want 2 get a disease from all of you cryers

Why r u like this 

cuz i hate all of u

Ok do u want me to throw ur jersey out then

nope ok im coming 

            I put Nolan's address in my phone while watching the game. Google Maps estimated it would take about 15 minutes to get there with traffic, so I decided to leave now so I could get back to my apartment in time to watch the 3rd period. I started up the car that Claire and I also shared and drove to Nolan's apartment. I entered the lobby and found Nolan's door and rang the bell. I heard a bunch of screaming inside, this is not a good idea. Why did I even come? I could always beg my grandma for another jersey. The screaming suddenly quiets down as I hear footsteps come to the door. Probably Nolan. He opens the door.

            "Come in!" ushers Nolan.

            I glare at him. "I thought I was only here to pick up my jersey."

            "Well, you see, TK and Ivan kind of want to meet you now..." he says. 

            I shoot another deadly glare at Nolan before walking in the door. "Guys, this is Loren. She's the Pens fan I was telling y'all about."

            "HEY LOREN!" Provorov and Konecny scream in unison. Ah. That's where all the screaming was coming  from.

            I wave back. "Hi. How are you guys dealing with the game 6 loss?" I smirk. This is gonna be good.

            "Oh my god, why do you always have to be like this?" Nolan facepalms.

            "Yeah, seriously, Loren." says Provorov. I think they're drunk or on drugs or something. I mean Konecny kind of does look like a drug dealer...

             Konecny is wheezing over on the couch. "Wait, is that Nolan's girlfriend?" They're definitely on drugs.

            "Ok, where's the jersey?" I say, turning to Nolan. "Or the drugs that they're on?" 

            I hear Provorov yell, "HEY! We're not on drugs! We're just excited to meet Nolan's bae!"

            "I'm not his bae!" I scream. Nolan runs to go get my jersey.

             "Not yet, you aren't!" Konecny smirks. Is he implying that I'll be Nolan's significant other sometime in the future? Because I won't. I've never dated anyone, and I have no reason to start dating now. I flip Konecny off as Nolan comes back into the room with my jersey.

            Nolan winces. "Sorry about them."

            "Can I leave now?" I ask. Nolan nods.

            "Thanks for coming. Wayne and G were giving me a really hard time about the jersey." He says.

            I grin. It's probably Satan's Grin. "Hey, I have an idea."

            Nolan looks skeptical. "If it pisses off G and Wayne, I'm fine." 

            "This will do just that." I love doing evil plans. "I'll wear the jersey, and we can take a selfie or something."

            "Ooh yes, they'll get super mad!" Nolan agrees. We stand against a white wall and he angles his phone camera so it gets my jersey in it. He sends it to a groupchat called "The FlyGuys" and also to me.

            "Do you have an Instagram?"he asks. 

            I shake my head with his stupidity. Of course I have an Instagram! "Yes, it's loren.19."

            I get an alert on my phone as I'm leaving his apartment that Nolan tagged me in a photo and that he's now following me. I decide not to follow him back.

A/N: All of you flyers fans are gonna get triggered about the konecny drug dealer comment but its lowkey true ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also the Sabres (my second favourite team) got 1st overall and my friend who plays hockey is like super duper happy. I feel like the sabs will trade it away tho lolol