Chapter 3

"Um, well... I have a huge essay for my chemistry class that I have to write." I lie. I don't want to spend more time with a Flyer than I have to.

            Claire gives me the stink eye. "That was due yesterday, buddy." 

            "Wow Loren... why you always lyin'." teases Nolan. I feel the blush rising on my cheeks.

             No.

            "Don't even try to revive dead memes." I glare. Claire begins to hum the Mii Channel song. I shake my head. My god.

            Claire smiles. "I'm sure we'd both love to!" I wouldn't love to, but I guess now I have to deal with this guy for a few more hours. By the time I get out of there, I'm gonna have Flyersitis.

           We get out of Claire's car. I end up standing next to Nolan. I notice I'm only about two inches shorter than him. He gives me a funny look when he finally realizes how tall I am. I don't know why he even cares, as long as he's taller than me, he's taller than me.

           It's about seven o'clock when we finally settle down in Nolan's living room, about ten minutes away from the start time of the Winnipeg Jets vs Minnesota Wild game.

           "Who are you rooting for?" asks Nolan as Claire is making popcorn.

            I reply with, "Winnipeg, because I have them winning in my bracket."

            Nolan smiles. Why does he smile so much? "I'm rooting for Winnipeg too. I was born and raised up there, so I kind of have to root for the hometown team."

           I nod as I hear Claire scream "MINNESOTA FOR THE WIN!" I laugh. 

          "Stop trying to make Minnesota happen. It's not gonna happen." I quote.

           The game starts. Claire runs over with the bowl of popcorn and sits on the left side of me, which means Nolan is on my right. Which also means I'm in the middle, which means I'm stuck holding the popcorn. My theory is correct when Claire hands me the bowl. I focus in on the game. 

           "So, what do your brackets look like?" Nolan asks both Claire and I.

            I smirk. "Why do you even ask? Obviously I have the Pens winning."

           "FLYERS FOR THE WIN!" screams Claire.

            I shake my head. "Tu es impossible." which translates to "You're impossible."

            "Oh, are we speaking in French again?" asks Claire.

            Nolan smiles again. He smiles too much. "Oui."

             I go to grab some popcorn from the bowl, and so does Nolan. His hand brushes against my hand. I feel tingles travel from my hand all up my right arm. I feel myself blushing again. 

             This hasn't happened since eighth grade.

             "Should we turn on the Caps game?" Claire says.

              I shrug my shoulders. "I honestly don't care, the Winnipeg series could matter less to me, and I hate both the Crapitals and the Jackets."

              "I'm tired." Claire yawns.

              "It's literally 8 PM." I laugh at her. "But yeah, I'm tired too."

              "Ok, so where do you guys want to sleep?" asks Nolan.

               There's two bedrooms. Nolan obviously gets one since it's his couch, and I'll let Claire take the other one since I'm a good friend, and she's actually nice to our host. "I'll take the couch."

               Claire frowns. "I'm cool with that, but are you gonna sleep in your jersey?"

               "I have extra clothes if you guys need them." offers Nolan.

               "Thank you so much!" Claire says.

               He goes into the larger bedroom, which I'm assuming is his, and comes out with two Flyers t-shirts.

              "AW HELLLLL NAW!" I scream. He laughs.

              Nolan goes back into his bedroom and puts one of the Flyers shirts back and comes back out with a Brandon Wheat Kings shirt with his name and number on the back. I think I'll be okay with this, it's black and gold, which are the Penguins colours.

              I change in the bathroom and then settle back onto the large couch in the living room, and fall asleep.

             A/N: Ugh sorry this chapter is so boring. Just a filler tho