Chapter 17: The girl with a new friend

Start from the beginning

"But-but she scares me, grandma." Taylor mumbled quietly, her grandma chuckled and crouched down in front of Taylor to look into her eyes.

"Aunt Aurora is not what your mother tells you, darling. She's special, she loves you so much and would never harm you." Her Grandma whispered and hugged Taylor tightly, Taylor wrapped her tiny arms around her grandma's neck and nodded meekly, scared that if she said something else her grandma would get angry and kick her out just like her mother said she would.

'You can't make Grandma angry, Taylor. She will lock you in the dark room or kick you out in the middle of the night.'

Taylor slept peacefully that night, all alone in the middle of her grandma's bed but then Aunt Aurora came and sat next to her head and brushed her fingers lightly over Taylor's forehead.
Taylor woke up instantly, scared.

Taylor was grateful to see that Aunt Aurora was fast asleep when she left her bed and came to sleep in her grandma's bed, seeking comfort but she apparently woke her up with her sneaking out of the bedroom.

"Ninna nanna, ninna oh

To whom shall I give this baby ?"

Aunt Aurora sang softly, god gave her a really beautiful voice.

"I know you're awake, my sweet girl." Aunt Aurora whispered and Taylor's eyelids fluttered opened slowly.

"Why do you always sing that ?" Taylor asked, feeling brave for once.

"It's an Italian lullaby," Aurora didn't answer Taylor's question and continued to sing softly.

"I'm scared," Taylor mumbled and Aurora almost immediately stopped singing. Taylor has never admitted to be scared of Aurora before, not in front of Aurora at least.

"Why, my sweet girl ?" Aurora questioned in a soft voice.

"Mom says that you're not normal, I know you see uncle Matt but he's dead and that is not normal and you sing that scary lullaby all the time." Taylor said, now sitting up on the bed.

"My sweet girl, don't be scared. These voices, they just never seem to go away but there's this one voice that helps me through it all. Do you know who's voice that is ? It's Uncle Matt's voice. The other voices though, god I sometimes just want to leave everything behind and go to your uncle, Taylor but I can't do that, the voices won't allow me to. I'm scared too, Taylor. I'm always so scared. I've started to see them, they are scary. I don't want them here but my darling Matt says that if I want him to stay then the others stay too, I don't have a choice but to let them stay." Aurora shook her head as soon as she realised that she was rambling.

"My sweet girl, just remember that maybe my normal isn't other people's normal." Aurora said and looked down at Taylor who was looking at Aurora with wonder.

"I wish I was like you then I could have so many friends to talk to and-and I'll be special, just like you!" Taylor said excitedly and nodded her head as if agreeing with herself.

"Oh my sweet girl, I hope you're never like me." Aurora whispered, tears shining in her eyes.

"Thinking of Aunt Aurora ?" Darkness asked, bringing Taylor back from the memory lane she seemed to be lost in.

"Leave me alone," Taylor rasped and threw the blankets off of herself and got up from her bed, stretching her arms above her head to get rid of the tension in her muscles.

"I'm going to be here for a long time, Taylor." Darkness said and strutted over to the mirror that was above the vanity table.

[]

As Taylor jotted down some notes, darkness sat next to her, staring at her nails.

"You should just kill Lilian," Darkness whispered, disturbing the silence of the library but nobody seemed to be bothered by the disturbance, it was like Taylor was the only one who could hear her.

"You're crazy!" Taylor whispered back, harshly and at that a student looked her away with a frown on his face.

"Imagine, no Lillian in Harry's life then no marriage of Lillian and Harry and then Harry and you'll be together, happily ever after." Darkness explained, now her eyes focused on Taylor's face.

"Plus, you did kill your dog, what's the harm in killing another bitch ?" Darkness said and smiled darkly.

"And I'll be there to support you and help you. What are friends for anyway ?" Darkness smirked and got up from the wooden chair she was occupying and sauntered away. Nobody looked in her direction.

Taylor let out a deep breath and looked down at her note book.

"Do it," Whispered a voice inside her head, the voice oddly similar to Darkness.

Taylor closed her eyes and sighed. Darkness was right, if there was no Lilian in Harry's life then Harry would be hers and he would marry her instead of marrying Lillian and yes, she did kill her dog so killing Lillian won't be much a deal.

Taylor looked up and saw Darkness leaning against a bookshelf, her arms crossed against her chest. Her black skirt was too short, her white blouse was half tucked out of the skirt and her long hair was pulled into a tight ponytail, her lips painted in a deep cherry red.

Taylor wished she was that confident, she wished she could dress up like that and not be worried about the criticism.

Darkness smirked as if reading Taylor's thoughts and walked away, again.

Taylor was going to follow Darkness' idea. She was going to kill Lillian with the help of her friend, Darkness.