Covering my face, I shook my head in disbelief. "Can we please change the subject?"

"Sure," Toph began. "Let's talk about what will happen to the Fire Nation once we dethrone the Fire Lord."

Aang looked back at the group from where he was still guiding Appa. "I've thought a lot about that, and I have an idea." He looked at Zuko with determination. "Your people will need a leader once we defeat your father, Zuko. One with a fresh mind and generous heart. Will you be willing to take the place as Fire Lord?"

Zuko was stunned by Aang's question. He seemed at a loss for words as he replayed what Aang had just suggested in his mind. With a weak smile though, Zuko answered, "It's something I've wanted for so long... A chance to regain my honor. If I become Fire Lord, I'll rule with compassion and understanding like Avatar Roku would want me to." He then looked at me with sudden desire. "But I don't want to do it alone."

His words were more so nerve-wracking than a surprise..

"Once my father is defeated and I become Fire Lord, I think the best way to unify the Four Nations is to bring fire and water together. Once we stabilize the regions and stop the fighting, Crystal and I can wed as a symbol of peace. By marrying the Chief's daughter of the Southern Water Tribe, we can bring our two nations together to reassure everyone that the world is no longer divided." He took my hand suddenly, and my skin burned from the attention everyone was giving us as I met his gaze. My heart raced. "Of course, it doesn't have to be an overly extravagant thing if you don't want it to be. We could always have the ceremony at the South Pole."

I was in shock, but when I saw the sincerity in his gaze all I could do was blush from the heat of his touch.

"Great idea!" Aang chimed. "You and Crystal leading the Fire Nation side by side is a perfect symbol of unity!"

Katara smiled. "Yes! That will be a wonderful way to start repairing the Four Nations and restore harmony at last."

Toph smirked. "You know... They already act like a married couple anyway. May as well make it official."

Sokka seemed to be for the idea as well. "My sister, Fire Lady of the Fire Nation...?" He nodded. "Doesn't have a bad ring to it actually."

As the group continued to talk about my wedding and future, I looked down at Zuko's grasp on my hand feeling uneasy. Fire Lady...? I hadn't thought much about what marrying Zuko would mean other than that I could be by his side for the rest of my days. The thought of helping him rule a whole nation, and being a symbol to the world made me sick with uncertainty. How could I help lead a whole nation I had no knowledge of? It would take me years to learn the odds and ends of the Fire Nation, and that doesn't even include its customs and traditions.

I'd make a fool of myself...

Zuko glanced over at me suddenly sensing something was off by the tremble of my hand. I tried to give a convincing smile to him so he wouldn't worry, but a feeling of uncertainty was already swirling within me and I couldn't stop.

"Hey! I see land!" Aang shouted, taking Zuko's attention from me.

Sokka quickly jumped into action. "Alright everyone. Quiet time now. We're about to enter the enemy's land."

Zuko shook his head. "I don't think you have to worry about anything, Sokka. These are the outer islands. If soldiers are positioned anywhere it would be closer to the Fire Nation Capital, or in the more populated towns. We shouldn't have a problem right now."

Sokka rolled up his map. "It's better to be safe than sorry."

Toph nodded. "Yeah. Definitely don't want to deal with Firebenders right now..." She grimaced. "No offense Sparky."