Her Prince Charming Part 1

Here it is! The update you have been waiting for! And better yet... Part 1 and Part 2! Enjoy!

Third Person POV

A giant Fire Nation ship loomed on the horizon as the Water Tribe warriors made their return from the battle they'd won. A wooden vessel crafted by the Southern Water Tribe was already anchored offshore and five water tribe warriors stood beside Kona having delivered their message to him about the enemy ship's capture. Sokka and Katara stood by the water anxious to see their father and the other men of the tribe. While this occurred, Toph and Zuko kept their distance uncomfortably by the simmering fire feeling out of place.

Sitting on the large log beside Zuko, Toph sensed his frustration. Not to mention the sound of his tapping foot was driving her insane.

"What's up with you Sparky?"

Her question brought Zuko out of his thoughts, and he shut his eyes to calm the sudden anger that boiled inside him.

"I'm blocked from my injured girlfriend." He stared at the fire with intensity. "Jerk One and Two are using pointy weapons to ward me off."

Toph was astonished. "Wait! They seriously won't let you see her?"

Zuko scowled, tightening his fist as he recalled the events of before. He'd awoke from a much needed sleep in the tent he and Sokka were staying in an hour ago. He'd then gone to visit Crystal, having immediately thought about her and wanting to make sure her fever was down. He hastily approached the tent only to find Jaka and Areto were at the entrance. They refused to let him pass, and he didn't want to fight them too tired from the events that had recently occurred the night before. In defeat, he shot them both a nasty remark and stomped off.

He replied to Toph in a tense tone. "No. And of course she's unconscious so she has no say."

The earthbender felt defensive for her new Firebending buddy. "What about Sokka? Did you tell him?"

Zuko let out a deep sigh of frustration. "No... He's too distracted with the return of his father and the other warriors. So is Katara... I get it, I guess... They've waited years to be reunited with their father."

Toph shook her head. "Still... It's not right that you can't see her. If she wakes up soon, she'll be disappointed you're not with her."

He ran a hand through his hair, and shut his eyes in defeat. "If I were as hotheaded as I was before I met Crystal, I'd have gotten through those dolts by now... But I don't want to cause conflict... If I anger any of these people, I'll be forbidden to ever see her again."

She scowled. "They can't stop you two from seeing each other though. I know Princess... If she were herself right now, she'd be fighting those two off with water whips to be with you."

He hung his head, and a pain filled his heart. "I can't let her attack her people to protect me again... She's already done that once, and I hated the guilt she bore on her shoulders. I won't ask her to betray her family."

Toph growled. "So what? You're giving up. That doesn't sound like the Prince I've heard about all these months!" She jabbed him in the arm with her elbow, and he yelped in pain. She then stood with tight fists. "Look sparky! If there's one thing I know about Princess, it's this: She would choose you over her tribe any day. She won't give up on being with you, so you shouldn't give up on being with her." Toph grabbed his shirt sleeve and jerked him up to his feet. She then yanked him away from the fire. "Come on!"

Zuko was astonished by the small earthbender's bravery. As she jerked him through the crowded area of tents, they approached the tinted blue tent that was guarded by two men looking in deep conversation. When Jaka saw the two approaching figures, he nudged Areto with his elbow and they both stood firm.