Vampires Are Scary

Start from the beginning

“Wow, really? They’re one of my favorite bands”

You like Blink?” I asked raising my eyebrows, stopping what I was doing. I never imagined ‘Harry Styles’, a singer from the famous boy band One Direction, would like the rock band Blink-182.

“Yeah? Why are you so surprised?” he laughed “I even met Travis Barker” he said causing my jaw to drop.

“You’re lying” I replied, wide eyed.

“Why would I be lying?” he pulled out his phone “I have a picture” he tapped the screen a few times and turned it so that I could see.

“Oh my god.” I paused and looked up at him “You seriously met Travis Barker”

“I seriously did” he laughed at my reaction

“That’s not fair” I pouted stuffing my wallet into my purse.

“Well If they ever come here, we could go” he grinned

“I guess that’d be cool” I returned the smile and put my purse on my shoulder “Let’s go”

~                                 

“Hey Harry… Could you like, you know, help me with this?” I laughed, motioning to my full arms. I was holding a huge popcorn bucket, candy and both of our sodas and everything was starting to slip out of my hands. While I was struggling he was focused on his phone, texting, with one of his arms wrapped lazily around my waist, totally oblivious.

“Huh?" he turned his head to look at me "Oh sure, sorry” he said putting his phone in his pocket and taking the sodas out of my hands.  As we were walking down to hall to the designated theater for the movie “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer” a group of teenage girls came rushing up to Harry, screeching in our ears.

“Oh my god, it’s Harry Styles!”  

“Is that your girlfriend?!”

“You’re so hot!”

“Can I get a picture?” They all screamed crowding around us. While I stupidly clung to Harry, he acted casual, despite the situation, as if it was absolutely normal to be trampled by tons of adolescent girls.

“Hey guys I’m kind of on a date with my girlfriend so could we not do this now?” he said somehow, politely. The girls muttered sorry and slowly walked away, still snapping pictures with their phones from afar. We were walking into the theater, me laughing.

“So, apparently you’re here with your girlfriend?” I teased, slightly excited by the title.   

“Yes, indeed I am.” He smirked before kissing me. AH! Okay so, Harry just kissed me and he did it all… nonchalant like. I could get used to this, man.

“I wonder how many of them are gonna pretend they we’re coming to see this movie now” I said changing the subject, ignoring my sudden blush.

“You look cute when you blush” I could see him smile in the dim lights

“Aww… Thank you” I said awkwardly, right as the movie started.

***

“Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.” I mumbled into Harry’s arm.

“Amanda this isn’t even scary” he whispered, careful not to disturb the other people watching the movie.

“Oh really so, vampires in 3-D coming at you isn’t scary?” I retorted

“No, it’s not…” he laughed lightly as I narrowed my eyes at him. I tried to focus back on the screen but my face soon returned to the safety of Harry’s arm.

“Ugh is this almost over?” I groaned and asked rhetorically. My face was literally covered through the entire movie; I seriously hated it. Not that I actually like any scary movies but I hated this one the most. Thanks a lot Harry.

We walked out of the theater, swinging our hands. A few people were taking pictures but they weren’t bothering us. It must suck for Harry, having no privacy. When we got back to the campus, we sat in Harry’s dorm, talking, watching a really old black and white movie on TV. Black and white movie actors have the weirdest accents. I fell asleep with my head in Harry’s lap while he played in my hair and had the worst nightmare about vampires. They were chasing after me when I hit a dead end and they we’re going to attack but that’s when I woke up. Thank god.

“Amanda?” I opened my eyes and saw Harry with a worried but slightly amused expression on his face. “Are you okay? You were repeating the word vampire in your sleep…” he said laughing quietly.

“Shut up it’s not funny” I said, though laughing myself.

“What time is it?” I asked

“10:47” he said checking his phone “You could just stay here with me tonight…”

“Of course you’d suggest that” I rolled my eyes “I have to change into pajamas first so I’ll be back”

“Don’t take too long” he smirked before leaning down to kiss me. I smiled to myself and sat up.

“I’ll try not to” I grinned skipping out of the room. I walked down the hall and into my dorm and was greeted by a dreary looking Zayn.

“Hey” I turned my head and saw Zayn sitting on his bed, on his laptop.

“Oh, hi” I responded walking over to my dresser. Zayn didn’t say anything else to me after that. It was super uncomfortable and I could feel the tension so I didn’t bother to start a conversation either. I grabbed pajamas and walked into the bathroom to change.

“You’re leaving?” I heard him say in a monotone voice when I reached for the door handle.

“Yeah, I’m sleeping in Harry’s dorm”

“Oh… Well goodnight.” He said dropping his gaze back to his laptop screen.

“Goodnight” I sighed walking out of the room.

I felt weird walking out. It seemed as if Zayn was upset with me. Not necessarily angry but disappointed. It made me feel kind of bad actually, I didn’t want to be the reason he feels that way. I wanted him to talk to me not ignore me with his laptop.

…There was nothing to be sad about so why was he acting like that?

I doubt he would get so droned over me not wanting to hang out with Lindsey so what did I do?

~~~

Soo on the side there's and actual picture of Harry and the guy I mentioned named Travis Barker... Who by the way, is the drummer in a band named Blink-182 but I guess you probably already figured that from reading. 

I'll try to update sooner this time! (✿◠‿◠)